Pacific NorthWEST

Aboat1

I have not been able to find even a whisper of itineraries for Pacific Northwest cruises for Fall 2016. I saw the calendar for the release dates on Royal's web site, no mention of Pacific Northwest. Any of you great detectives out there have any guesses?

I do not think Jewel is loaded on the web site yet.....maybe the Northwest cruises could be hiding there?

Thanks for you help in advance!

I have not been able to find even a whisper of itineraries for Pacific Northwest cruises for Fall 2016. I saw the calendar for the release dates on Royal's web site, no mention of Pacific Northwest. Any of you great detectives out there have any guesses?

I do not think Jewel is loaded on the web site yet.....maybe the Northwest cruises could be hiding there?

Thanks for you help in advance!

It is pretty certain that Jewel is going to be doing something out of Los Angeles for the fall of 2016. Currently listed on the 'Ports America' website for Oct 2, Oct 9 and Oct 16. But we are suspecting the trips out of LA may be doing Mexico for 2016, Jewel is on the Monterey calendar for May 15 2016 (only). The Oct 16th trip we are guessing it will be going back through the canal, as RCCL's press release indicated Jewel will be doing cruises out of San Juan (again).

For a true coastal, the only certain thing right now for fall seems to be the Vancouver to LA trip....but we'll just have to wait and see.

But you may want to put a hold on all that. On the 'Deployment Schedule' thread, someone that is watching this stuff closely is now saying Jewel is now listed as being sent to Europe. :mad: The DW wants to do Europe, but says the itinerary needs to include Greece and Sicily....and RCCL doesn't do that in current itineraries. We may end up having to take Azamara or Oceania to do that.

What worries me for the Northwest cruises is the lack of a date for release of itineraries. Northwest is not listed at all.

Celebrity is doing Pacific NW on Sept 11, 2016. Prices there a bit high and their policies not in full alignment with DH comfort level (if you know what I mean, cough)!

Keeping finger crossed for RCCL to come through.

What worries me for the Northwest cruises is the lack of a date for release of itineraries. Northwest is not listed at all.

Celebrity is doing Pacific NW on Sept 11, 2016. Prices there a bit high and their policies not in full alignment with DH comfort level (if you know what I mean, cough)!

Keeping finger crossed for RCCL to come through.

That shouldn't worry you, they don't list everywhere separately. Last year was released with Alaska and it wasn't mentioned beforehand either.

I'm disappointed with the news about the possible Jewel redeployment to Europe and am really hoping that another ship does West Coast and preferably not Quantum Class!

Just have to be patient a couple more weeks which is easier said than done!!

Sure do agree with you on not wanting a Quantum class ship doing the Pacific Northwest Cruises!

This cruise has had my interest peaked for a year now, so I appreciate your input. Hope you are right!!! Thanks.

The prices for 2016 are very high. I fear if RCCL sends a new ship to the PNW and add their "New ship" premium we will be priced out. I have been wanting to do this cruise for over a year. I would be very disappointed if after a year of dreaming about this cruise I couldn't afford it.:(

The prices for 2016 are very high. I fear if RCCL sends a new ship to the PNW and add their "New ship" premium we will be priced out. I have been wanting to do this cruise for over a year. I would be very disappointed if after a year of dreaming about this cruise I couldn't afford it.:(

I completely agree with you.

Why?

Why?

For me, I don't like the Quantum class of ship, so I don't want to sail West Coast on it - I'd have much preferred to do it on Radiance class. If Q class is deployed there I will cruise elsewhere. I also agree with the 'new ship premium' that Aboat1 mentioned - the prices are usually far too high. I'll wait and see what comes out but I have other cruises I want to do, it's just this was top of my list at the moment.

Royal did a press release: 'Explorer of the Seas will be unmatched in onboard amenities when the ship debuts in Alaskan waters. Guests on the ship’s seven-night round-trip itineraries from Seattle, Wash., will sail up Tracy Arm Fjords for an incomparable view of Sawyer Glacier. In September, the ship will sail three Pacific Coastal cruises, seven nights in duration, which feature an overnight in San Francisco, Calif.'

A transpacific run could be interesting....

Do we still think Radiance will be doing the 1 way Alaska itinerary in 2016? I've been waiting for those to come out but went ahead and booked on Celebrity a month ago. With the latest prices we are seeing, I'm very glad I did!:eek:

Do we still think Radiance will be doing the 1 way Alaska itinerary in 2016? I've been waiting for those to come out but went ahead and booked on Celebrity a month ago. With the latest prices we are seeing, I'm very glad I did!:eek:

I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Royal did a press release: 'Explorer of the Seas will be unmatched in onboard amenities when the ship debuts in Alaskan waters. Guests on the ship’s seven-night round-trip itineraries from Seattle, Wash., will sail up Tracy Arm Fjords for an incomparable view of Sawyer Glacier. In September, the ship will sail three Pacific Coastal cruises, seven nights in duration, which feature an overnight in San Francisco, Calif.'

A transpacific run could be interesting....

Oh this is great news!!!! Now if it is affordable!!!! Thank you for the great news!!!:):D

I'll be very interested to see the itinerary Explorer will do out of Seattle for Pacific Coastal. I'm pleased about the overnight in San Francisco :) Fingers crossed the prices will be ok and even better no 'new ship premium' ;)

I'm afraid that this will end up doing Seattle to Ensenada as the first coastal, then the other 2 will be out of San Diego. I don't think Explorer will fit under the Lions Gate Bridge.

I once disembarked in Ensenada, and will NEVER do that again.

I'm afraid that this will end up doing Seattle to Ensenada as the first coastal, then the other 2 will be out of San Diego. I don't think Explorer will fit under the Lions Gate Bridge.

100% Explorer will not fit under the Lion's Gate Bridge. Radiance fits under by about 25 feet

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44020334&highlight=lapse#post44020334

For me, I don't like the Quantum class of ship, so I don't want to sail West Coast on it - I'd have much preferred to do it on Radiance class. If Q class is deployed there I will cruise elsewhere.

Hi Cruisingthesuitelife. I tried to look back at your posts... doesn't look like you ever set foot on Quantum. Have you? If not, then I feel that your opinion is totally unfounded and non-factual. I think your opinion may change once you have actual personal knowledge and experience by sailing on Quantum before you form such a solid opinion based on zero facts. I feel that you worded your opinion as if it's based on knowledge and/or facts. There are plenty of very high level, well traveled and knowledgeable cruisers here on this forum that have had fabulous experienced on Quantum, I feel you should try it and form your own factual experience.... I feel that if you love Radiance you will be absolutely thrilled with Quantum, blows Radiance out of the water!

Hi Cruisingthesuitelife. I tried to look back at your posts... doesn't look like you ever set foot on Quantum. Have you? If not, then I feel that your opinion is totally unfounded and non-factual. I think your opinion may change once you have actual personal knowledge and experience by sailing on Quantum before you form such a solid opinion based on zero facts. I feel that you worded your opinion as if it's based on knowledge and/or facts. There are plenty of very high level, well traveled and knowledgeable cruisers here on this forum that have had fabulous experienced on Quantum, I feel you should try it and form your own factual experience.... I feel that if you love Radiance you will be absolutely thrilled with Quantum, blows Radiance out of the water!

How can someone's opinion be unfounded? People are allowed to form their own opinion based on their own criteria, not yours. Another person's crown and anchor level or their traveling history mean absolutely nothing to me when I form an opinion.

If I were to go with your opinion, I wouldn't book Quantum because I am not a fan of Radiance class ships.

You like Quantum, that's great, not everyone has that opinion and if there reason is "because", that is fine, that is their opinion.

That's fine with me, I'm happy to look at itineraries and then decide what to do. I have had varying experiences with embarking and disembarking, so nothing much phases me but I'm sorry you had a bad experience there and I appreciate the warning.

I post on random things, that is my choice and I don't need to justify my posting habits. I was a long time lurker before finally posting and tend to limit my posts because of people like you. You have your opinion about smaller ships, which you are absolutely entitled to, but I don't share that opinion with you. Rather than be argumentative or tell you how you should feel or what you should do, I simply moved on past, allowing you to have your opinion, like I would anyone on the board.

You went off on quite a long rant about how you think/feel I should form opinions without knowing the answer to your question. For what it is worth, I have been on Quantum, so my opinion is not 'unfounded' or 'non factual'.

Also, just because I am not glued to Cruise Critic, does not mean I am not an experienced or high level cruiser. That is completely irrelevant to this and I don't feel the need to flaunt any kind of status to anyone. I appreciate most people on the boards for the information and kind experiences they share - it doesn't matter whether it is their first cruise or 1000th.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

How can someone's opinion be unfounded? People are allowed to form their own opinion based on their own criteria, not yours. Another person's crown and anchor level or their traveling history mean absolutely nothing to me when I form an opinion.

If I were to go with your opinion, I wouldn't book Quantum because I am not a fan of Radiance class ships.

You like Quantum, that's great, not everyone has that opinion and if there reason is "because", that is fine, that is their opinion.

Thank you for this, I really appreciate you taking the time to write what you did. I completely agree with you - I'd never tell someone their opinion is wrong because it is how they feel but it seems some people like to tell others how they should be or feel...

Thanks again

:)