Vision of the seas

We are thinking about booking VOS, we are booking because of the ports. We have been on Enchantment, Voyager, Oasis, Freedom, and Independence. My question is, are we going to be disappointed with the ship? The reviews have been mixed.

Of the ships you have listed, Vision is very similar to Enchantment.

Edited by clarea

I just sailed the Vision this past Feb. 21st. She is a much smaller ship than the Freedom BUT IMO the crew was much better. There are not all the bells and whistles but the food was very good (for a cruise ship) and shows were entertaining as well as the acrobat show(s). We really enjoyed our cruise and being our first time to the Western Caribbean we really found it entertaining and the snorkeling in Belize was outstanding. Captain was very friendly and always around the ship. A classic small ship cruise.

I have to agree with Joe, we were on the Feb 14th cruise and really enjoyed it. The crew was great, food was good, and the ship is in wonderful shape. I am watching prices for another cruise on Vision for next year.

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

The reviews are mixed because everyone has a different opinion about everything in life, including cruise ships. I guess it only boils down to what you are expecting before you even board the ship.

We are going on the Grandeur in a few weeks, then, the Vision in early May to Europe. Both ships are similar, and, we've been on both before.

The best advice I can present is as follows:

If you want a ship that parties all night long, has tons of slides, ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, etc., the Vision might not fit your lifestyle or personality.

If you're looking for a bit more subdued atmosphere, with the age group of people a bit older, good food, not great, more intimate lounges, a couple of thousand less people, then, the Vision might fit what you have in mind.

The ship itself is very nice and the crew is wonderful. We all know that a comment of A+ by me, could be a "D" by someone else, so, you have to be the judge.

You might also notice that the Vision and Grandeur always sell out for the most part, and, the prices on this class of ship in many cases, is more than some of the newer ships. There is obviously a reason for that.

Hope this helps.

Dave

The reviews are mixed because everyone has a different opinion about everything in life, including cruise ships. I guess it only boils down to what you are expecting before you even board the ship.

We are going on the Grandeur in a few weeks, then, the Vision in early May to Europe. Both ships are similar, and, we've been on both before.

The best advice I can present is as follows:

If you want a ship that parties all night long, has tons of slides, ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, etc., the Vision might not fit your lifestyle or personality.

If you're looking for a bit more subdued atmosphere, with the age group of people a bit older, good food, not great, more intimate lounges, a couple of thousand less people, then, the Vision might fit what you have in mind.

The ship itself is very nice and the crew is wonderful. We all know that a comment of A+ by me, could be a "D" by someone else, so, you have to be the judge.

You might also notice that the Vision and Grandeur always sell out for the most part, and, the prices on this class of ship in many cases, is more than some of the newer ships. There is obviously a reason for that.

Hope this helps.

Dave

I agree with your post. We sailed the Vision 2/28 to 3/7. Crew was great!!! Lots of much older cruisers, but still all ages were represented & a few children.

They really push their drink package & specialty restaurants. I paid $12.00 plus a tip for 1 Strawberry Daiquiri....that was the only drink I purchased :eek:

We didn't care for the food at all...either in the Dining Room or Windjammer.

With all that said, We still enjoyed the cruise & ports. :)

Edited by bettyboop16

It's always difficult to to read someone's opinion, mine included, and feel that everything said is 100 per cent accurate.

There have been many times when I've read a ship or hotel review that was somewhat negative, but I thought was wonderful, and, vice versa.

I do notice that some people who cruise complain about such minor things and make them out to be more of an issue than necessary. And, there are some people who cruise that feel the world owes them something and once they're on the ship, they better be treated as royalty.

So, I just laugh it off, count our blessings that we can cruise, treat the food in the main ding room as just a big bowling banquet, pay the drink prices and don't complain or I shouldn't be on the ship to begin with, then, out on my ball cap, and sit outside on the promenade deck where no one seems to take up residency, and become brain dead and relax. Lol

I agree with your post. We sailed the Vision 2/28 to 3/7. Crew was great!!! Lots of much older cruisers, but still all ages were represented & a few children.

They really push their drink package & specialty restaurants. I paid $12.00 plus a tip for 1 Strawberry Daiquiri....that was the only drink I purchased :eek:

We didn't care for the food at all...either in the Dining Room or Windjammer.

With all that said, We still enjoyed the cruise & ports. :)

We were also on Vision and loved the ship and especially the crew---best experience in many cruises. I have to agree with the food comments. We do not do the dining room---but the windjammer food was the worst of any cruise--however the windjammer staff was the best of any ship--

That being said we were able to find something every nite to eat and have already booked another cruise on Vision.

Paul

Edited by leahsdad