Search not working: Soda Package question

Bossladyn

I wanted to purchase a soda package for my daughter. She's the only one that would drink them, but when I try to purchase online, it makes me purchase for everyone in the room. Does anyone know if I can just purchase one for her when we get on the ship? There's no way we would all 4 drink $182 of soda on a week long trip! I might have one a week and my son hates soda....RCCL let me do this, but wondered if NCL does not allow just one per room.

TIA!

You have to buy for everyone in room. You can bring soda on board yourself

This is wrong!! It's a glitch in the system. You can either call NCL or wait until boarding and buy the package for one or as many as you wish. There is no requirement to purchase for all with the soda package. And yes, you can bring on your own soda. There will most likely be a table set up before you board to purchase an individual package or go to any bar when you board.

This is wrong!! It's a glitch in the system. You can either call NCL or wait until boarding and buy the package for one or as many as you wish. There is no requirement to purchase for all with the soda package. And yes, you can bring on your own soda. There will most likely be a table set up before you board to purchase an individual package or go to any bar when you board.

That's not a glitch in system - its NCL policy if you do the prepay drink plan that everyone gets it too in thier in the same room or adjorning ones on the same credit card / person paying it all. Yeah, you can buy the plan for one on the ship but its a higher price than the prepay one. Smarter to just bring your own soda or non-alcoholic beverages of choice with you on the ship....

Edit: If you're going to buy the drink plan on the ship, just put aside like $60-70 for the week - that's about how it cost per person.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Doesn't matter what they said, it can definitely be purchased for a single person when on the ship. The only thing that must be purchased by all adults over 21 (or 25, depending on when you're sailing) in the same stateroom is the UBP.

ouch! $70 for a week per person for soda?? How much soda can we bring on board? Seems like a lot of trouble, but lots cheaper! Does anyone know how much purchasing one soda at dinner costs? maybe thats the way to go.

ouch! $70 for a week per person for soda?? How much soda can we bring on board? Seems like a lot of trouble, but lots cheaper! Does anyone know how much purchasing one soda at dinner costs? maybe thats the way to go.

Less than $3, about $2-and some change - the price went up but still under $3 without out the tips.

Edit: If it just one person you're paying for the week and buying on ship it actually less if you did the prepay which is for your room of 3 (I think- didn't really how many were going) of $150 - its one of those things you have to consider when cruising. At least you're doing it now at home and not getting the shock while on the ship. *shrug*

Edited by maywell

I am not a soda drinker but my husband is and when we sailed the Dawn he was able to purchase the soda package directly from the bar once we where on board. I think when you contact NCL and ask about purchasing the beverage package they automatically think that its the UBP that you are referring to so they give you the information for that package.

It's $6.50 per day plus 18% tip for adults (= $53.69 per week), $4.50 for kids 12 and under (= $37.17 per week). Same price pre-paid as onboard, although they may have to add local taxes if you purchase in some departure ports.

One soda on board now costs $2.25 ($2.66 with auto-tip). Same price for adults and kids :p

That's not a glitch in system - its NCL policy if you do the prepay drink plan that everyone gets it too in thier in the same room or adjorning ones on the same credit card / person paying it all. Yeah, you can buy the plan for one on the ship but its a higher price than the prepay one. Smarter to just bring your own soda or non-alcoholic beverages of choice with you on the ship....

Edit: If you're going to buy the drink plan on the ship, just put aside like $60-70 for the week - that's about how it cost per person.

That only applies to alcoholic drink packages - there is no requirement for purchasing soda packages for everyone when no alcohol packages are involved - yes, the website requires it but one can purchase it without using the website to do it.

Edited by Demonyte

[quote=Vacationdreamer

That's if you prepay it before getting on ship before the tips and taxes. When you buy it on board, you need to account for the taxes for buying it at port you brought it from - something the cruise line(s) will not tell you, plus the tips.

That's if you prepay it before getting on ship before the tips and taxes. When you buy it on board, you need to account for the taxes for buying it at port you brought it from - something the cruise line(s) will not tell you, plus the tips.

Sure they do. It's stated in many places (the contract, Gifts and More page, etc) that "applicable taxes" are added. For example Gifts and More page for soda package says:

"Prepaid @ $6.50 per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity and applicable taxes"

Edited by Demonyte

It's stated in many places (the contract, Gifts and More page, etc) that "applicable taxes" are added.
That's enough for them to cover themselves legally for all cruises, but it's not enough to tell you what taxes, if any, will be applied on your specific cruise. And for that, I have to agree with maywell: They do not inform passengers adequately. On our last cruise out of Spain, there was no information whatsoever, and it was up to the bar staff to explain things (poorly) to 2000 people one by one on the first day.

Sure they do. It's stated in many places (the contract, Gifts and More page, etc) that "applicable taxes" are added. For example Gifts and More page for soda package says:

"Prepaid @ $6.50 per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity and applicable taxes"

They say that on the website, but not really at the actual port stop - that when some people get the 'shock'. Honestly, it not really a shocker if one is reading AND understanding the fine print at all times. [emoji52]

They say that on the website, but not really at the actual port stop - that when some people get the 'shock'. Honestly, it not really a shocker if one is reading AND understanding the fine print at all times. [emoji52]

It says so also in all price lists and marketing materials, if somebody manages to miss it, they deserve to be shocked.

Not mentioning taxes at all is not something any business would be able to pull off and continuing to stay in business for very long - there are a lot of laws about informing customers about those.

Does anyone know if Shirley Temples, or PINKS as my grandson called them, would be included with the kids soda package? My little guy LOVED those on his last cruise (Carnival...where it WAS included)???

Thanks,

Does anyone know if Shirley Temples, or PINKS as my grandson called them, would be included with the kids soda package? My little guy LOVED those on his last cruise (Carnival...where it WAS included)???

"Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda."

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#children

So no, soda package doesn't include anything else than soda.