Poll: Age of Child to be in UNCONNECTED Cabin

PattyW

At what age (oldest child) did you book your children an unconnected cabin?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. At what age (oldest child) did you book your children an unconnected cabin?

Our sons, age 19 and 16 will be in a connecting room to ours......don't quite trust the 19 yr old to have that much freedom yet :rolleyes:

LOL, there may be a window for an unconnected cabin that was open but slams shut from about 18-23!

What was the age of the oldest child when you booked a cabin across the hall or otherwise NOT connected to the adults' cabin?

First time, younger son and friend (both were 15), directly across the hall. Before that, our two sons were always next door (not connecting).

Last cruise, both sons (age 20 & almost 17) directly next door. Too annoying for me. So this summer there will be a cabin between us. They're 21 & 18 now.

Guess it depends on the kids maturity level. Our sons use to like to horseplay. They were always reprimanded, but we would get them a cabin between the bulkhead and our cabin, so they didn't bother anyone else. Then again, the poor people under them probably weren't too happy. :(

We didn't get a balcony until the 20 & 17 cruise, thought older brother would try to see how long he could hold younger brother by his ankles. :eek:

How hold are the kids going?

Guess it depends on the kids maturity level.

QUOTE]

This is the key. My son was 14, turned 15 on the ship the first time we had the kids in their own room. Now that he is off to college, I am struggling to decide if my 14 year old daughter is responsible enough to be alone with my 10 year old daughter.

Our daughters were 13 &18 the first time we took them on a cruise. They were about 7 or 8 doors down from us. The only bad thing that happened was they became addicted to cruising

Funny Above! :D

The addiction to cruising is the only problem!

LuLu