Tell Me About Dr. Seuss Breakfast

Cruisegirl6

Has anybody done this how was it, what is it like and all about?

My father in law is 76, we both are 52, daughter is 23 and her bf is 35 do you feel we would have a nice breakfast and a good time doing this Dr. Suess breakfast?

We are fun people, like to laugh and have a good time...where do we book up this breakfast and does anybody know when its offered such as on sea days or port days?

Those who have done it would you go again?

I am 72, my friends 62, another friend 60+, I think and her husband and I did the Dr. Seuss Breakfast on the Freedom in Dec. and had a BALL. If you are young at heart, go. You don't even need to borrow a child to feel at home. There are other oldsters who were there having as much or more fun than the children.

If you quickly go through my Freedom review, I had more information, and photos as well.

You sign up for it guest services desk when you board the ship. It is held on the last sea day of the cruise. There are usually two times, 8 or 9, so you sign up for your preference. On our sailing they changed the times a bit because they had so many sign up. We went to the 9:30 seating that day. It is $5.00 each and well worth it.

Would I do it again ? Absolutely. They have a special fun menu, but you can order the regular dining room menu, I think. I was the only brave soul at our table who ordered the Green Eggs and Ham. ( Fun, fun, fun.) Skip the cute red and white parfait, it was horrible....sugar, sugar and more sugar.

Let me know if you have more questions. Now go enjoy the photos I have in my Freedom review. One friend and I also participated in the Dr. Seuss Parade and story telling on a different sea day. Those photos and review are also included. That was fun, too. Let us know what you think about it after you return.

We loved it! I believe it was on the last sea day. I'd definitely do it again. I posted a detailed accounting of our experience along with a bunch of photos in my review of the Freedom (link is in my signature if you're interested -- just scroll through until you see it). Enjoy!

There is a time frame...definitely NOT 8, but I can't remember if it started at 9 or 10. It's NOT about the food, per se, as you can get the "adult" choices in the MDR, and the Suess options didn't really appeal,to me but our granddaughter had a blast getting her pictures taken and getting "autographs" of Thing 1 &2 and Cat in the Hat, and Sam I Am. It's nice to be able to take our OWN pictures. Personally, I probably wouldn't have done it without having the Granddaughter. We did have a blast on the Suess parade. Grandpa really got in to that!,:D

Last sea day, there were 2 of us, we are in our 50's. Not about the food, it wasn't really that good, but creative. Was a little early for the last sea day, but that was okay with us.

Wouldn't book it again (you have to I think the 1st day), but it was interesting. Some people dressed up in Dr. Suess attire..that would have made it a little more fun, since they come around and take photos.

We are in our 40's with no children and we had a blast. The food is fun and delicious and you can order anything and everything if you want. The steak and eggs were great...filet mignon was served on the Sunshine. Equally fun was the fruit loop crusted pancakes...what a sugar rush that was.

Edited by pauleydm

We had ours the last sea day at 9:45, they had sign ups the first day on the Lido deck. They had regular brunch items like Omelettes, eggs your way, cheese grits, hashbrowns, Steak and eggs, etc. The Seuss items were cereal coated French toast (frosted flakes/frootloops), red and white pancakes, green eggs and ham, colorful parfaits.

Thing 1, 2, Dr. Seuss and Sam I Am make appearances for pictures and give the kids stamped autographs on a little color booklet they get when they arrive. I believe it would be fun with or without kids, it was very well done and the food was great.

So one will have to sign up at guest services to attend the breakfast, the cost is $5 per person and is usually on the last sail day whether or not it is a sea day or port day? Can someone please clarify for me. Thanks :)

We didn't sign up at guest services, there was a lady at a table on the lido deck the day we boarded (near the same table sign up for the soda card). $5pp is correct. Our brunch was the last sea day.

So one will have to sign up at guest services to attend the breakfast, the cost is $5 per person and is usually on the last sail day whether or not it is a sea day or port day? Can someone please clarify for me. Thanks :)
Edited by tkportersat

I'm excited for this! Something new to experience :) I am going to make my daughters (and maybe my mom and me) Dr. Seuss t-shirts to wear. Fun!

So does the parade follow breakfast? What about the reading of cat in the hat? Is this all on the last sea day? Typically, from my experience, the towel folding class is on the last sea day and we always do that! Don't want activities overlapping!!