Question on Mazatlan by bus

cadien

Hi!

We're considering visiting the aquarium in Mazatlan. Taxis aren't an option but I see there is probably a valid bus route, the purple one below.

But I'm wondering about the scale. What sort of walk would there be from the cruise ship dock to the bus stop and then from the other bus stop to the aquarium? We'll have people who can't walk very far.

Also, can you actually walk from that bus stop nearest the aquarium? Or is there a major highway etc in between?

Thanks!

16615011468_6b02619a1a_z.jpg

Edited by cadien

• 4 weeks later...

Its about a 15 minute walk west from the dock to the bus you need for the aquarium. You need the big green bus with the sign, Sabalo- Centro. That takes you through town and along the malacone. You need to ask the driver and he will let you off one block from the aquarium. The bus s 10 pesos each way.

If you have more than 4, you are better off to take a taxi.

Just a warning about the busses in Mazatlan. Last December I took a bus from the Shrimp Bucket to the Golden Zone.. The driver barely spoke English and needless to say, I wasn't dropped off at the Golden Zone! Finally, a young lady got on the bus and I asked her where the Golden Zone was and she said "way back there". So I hopped off, crossed the street and luckly an American couple was on the next bus and told me to tell him the Dairy Queen! :eek:

This year I am having a friend who speaks spanish write it down for me to hand to the driver. I was stupid, I should have done that the first time, it's not his job to know English!:D

Edited by tjcletsgo

I would suggest a Taxi. It is about two blocks from the Malecon where the bus I belive will drop you off to the Acquarium and one block is a pretty steep hill.

I second the suggestion of taxi, cost but a few dollars more but they are really everywhere and very easy to pick up right outside the docks.