Princess open dining

gacruisergal

Although we have sailed many times with Princess, our cruise this month will be our first open dining on the Island. Do we need to call for reservations nightly? When are the grats applied...daily or on boarding? From what I have read it appears that both dining rooms will accommodate open dining...is this correct?

Your gratuities are automatically applied to your folio nightly, $12/pp/day for suites (mini and full), $11.50/pp/day for all other cabins. You do not have to tip additionally unless you want to. The gratuity is shared with any dining waitstaff regardless of where they work, including the buffet, and your cabin attendants.

One dining room is for Anytime (open seating) and the other is for Traditional (fixed) seating. A portion of the Anytime dining room can be set aside for very early Traditional seating and then reverts to Anytime.

Same menus and dress code in both dining rooms.

Thanks Pam, I don't know why I was assuming that for anytime dining the grats had to be paid in advance...............I am well aware of the rest of it and am looking to a restful 17 days of doing nothing except a tour to a winery from Rome and back to the glass factory in Venice...............love that place!