1st Celebrity Cruise: The Good and the Bad

writer100

Let me say the good stuff first. The Fun Factory was fantastic with exception of a young man named Yony. He let her out without our permission, us having paid the additional fee before the "free" time was up. Our daughter did not want to leave. Upon her leaving she was harassed by the "happy people" and shoved around the hall when her key card didn't work. A very sweet couple came out of their room 3 doors down and saved her. It should have NEVER happened EVER in a million years!!! After that night Yony was never left alone with her again.

The family veranda two doors down from us was empty due to a family not making it to port in time. One of the groups of " happy people" had a burst pipe in their room on the first night. They were awarded that room. Those young boys were the most disrespect arses I've encountered in a long time. They even exposed their private parts to our young daughter.

Hopefully you demanded to speak to the Captain about this situation. There is no way in heck anyone should touch your child or exposed themselves to her. You should have demanded that they be put off the ship and if the Captain didn't do anything, I would have gone to the police department at the next port. Edited by NLH Arizona

Catlady I am so sorry this happened to your daughter. This horrible cruise, sounds like animal house for some and for others a hostile unsafe situation. No child should be exposed to that behavior.

Edited by hulamoon

Hopefully you demanded to speak to the Captain about this situation. There is no way in heck anyone should touch your child or exposed themselves to her. You should have demanded that they be put off the ship and if the Captain didn't do anything, I would have gone to the police department at the next port.

Do you honestly think that we did not speak with anyone??

Catlady...if young men exposed themselves to your 9 year old daughter, that is a SEX CRIME and should have been reported to security as such. If Celebrity didn't want to deal with it, I would have filed a report with the police as soon as you docked (maybe calling 911 on your cell before they started debarkation) as you, or Celebrity, knew who these guys were as you knew the room.

I have been reflecting as to why the ship hung out in port rather than leave a number of college kids in Cozumel. I now think it was a PR decision and cannot believe the captain was not in constant contact with corporate over these issues. I would guess that leaving several dozen (or more?) kids behind in Mexico would have generated desperate phone calls to many families and the eventual intervention of our embassy. Someone would contact the media and, right or wrong, the story would be that a Celebrity ship stranded a bunch of kids in a foreign country. Bad publicity, no matter how many legitimate excuses the ship might have. The general public doesn't understand the rule about being on board on time or being left at the dock.

Do some quick research. Broward county is not in charge of the middle of the ocean. Often times people are assaulted etc at sea and no one can take any legal action.

That's not a rumor. It was my daughter.

Have you pressed charges with the Police when the ship docked? As a Father the so called Man would have been taught a lesson on the spot, even if it ment my spending time in the brig. No need to wait for some foreign flagged security to make a showing:mad: