Is boarding at 1:00pm too late to get Sanctuary for the whole cruise?

MRSCOACH

We are sailing on the Ruby 04/19/2015 and will not get to the pier until 1:00pm for boarding. What are the chances we can get up to the sanctuary to snag 2 loungers for the week? What time has anyone gotten there and it has bee full?
This is a Mexican Riviera Cruise.

[quote name='MRSCOACH']We are sailing on the Ruby 04/19/2015 and will not get to the pier until 1:00pm for boarding. What are the chances we can get up to the sanctuary to snag 2 loungers for the week? What time has anyone gotten there and it has bee full?
This is a Mexican Riviera Cruise.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong; but I would doubt if sanctuary would be used much on this itinerary unless the weather is unusually terrible!

[quote name='CU64']I could be wrong; but I would doubt if sanctuary would be used much on this itinerary unless the weather is unusually terrible![/QUOTE]

Not sure of your reasoning. If the weather was terrible, why would you want to book a lounger in the Sanctuary? It is MORE likely to fill up on a warm weather cruise like this one. We were literally the first ones on board one time on the Island Princess to Panama and all 4 Cabanas were full with B2B people. But it doesn't appear this itinerary would have many B2B cruisers so, go as soon as you can and good luck!

We were on the Ruby and boarded about that time. We went straight to the Sanctuary and although there was a short line, I think we could have gotten a spot. After seeing some attitudes of folks getting in there, we decided not to do it. It depends on the number of back to back cruisers also as they will be first in line.

[quote name='CU64']I could be wrong; but I would doubt if sanctuary would be used much on this itinerary unless the weather is unusually terrible![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the input. I guess I'll just try when I get on the ship and hope for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk