Questions about Grand Cayman.

BeachinBeauty

Hi all! Going to be in GC in two weeks. I haven't been since I was fourteen and don't remember much about it. Basically, this is my first time going as the adult in charge. So, I have questions for some of you more seasoned GC visitors.

We have a ship excursion that brings us back to the port at 12:30 PM. Our ship doesn't leave until 4 PM, putting us needing to be on the tender heading back at about 3. So, we'll have from 12:30 until 3 to kill time. We want to go to SMB and spend that time. Questions are as follows:

Is there a place on SMB where you would have access to a restaurant and restrooms? We don't find paying a fee. In Grand Turk, we enjoyed the Margaritaville right there on the beach. There was a pool, restrooms, food... So, preferably something along those lines would be ideal for us.

How long will a taxi ride take from the dock to this area on SMB? Also, how much should I budget for taxi fare?

Thanks in advance! I'll go off and look through the threads here and probably find all of my answers and be embarrassed that I didn't just do that in the first place ;)

Royal Palms Beach Club is very nice and has a pool. Three dollar entrance fee and no children in the pool.

Calico Jacks Beach bar at Seagrape beach which is on SMB. Shared vans are 5.00 p/p, public bus 2.50 p/p allow 30-40 mins. back to the ship.

Agree. Seagrape is a good and convenient choice for SMB.

Do be sure give yourself ample time to get back to the tender pier because the traffic is normally heavy.

Where are you going on your morning excursion?

LuLu

Agree. Seagrape is a good and convenient choice for SMB.

Do be sure give yourself ample time to get back to the tender pier because the traffic is normally heavy.

Where are you going on your morning excursion?

LuLu

To the turtle farm in the morning. So, we'd like to stay as close to pier as possible when going to the beach because we won't have too much time available.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app