Rhapsody with 7 month old and 3 year old - tips?

vee_sav

We doing 8 night cruise to the South Pacific in April - Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas.

It is our first ever cruise, and we're taking 7 month old and 3 year old. We have 2 external (window) rooms which are interconnecting, on deck 3.

The kids club and baby nursery sound good and I'm sure we will use both. Just wondering if anyone can provide advice on any of the following:

Can you request food to be puréed for baby? Or better to pack store-bought food? My baby also eats some finger foods, which I'm sure will be easy to order. Is kids cutlery provided?

Is there fridge, kettle or iron in the room?

What is the air-con temperature like in the rooms i.e. need warm pj's?

Can anyone recommend any shore activities that would suit our young family? I'm not keen to leave baby on board in nursery too often, would prefer to bring her with us. Has anyone used baby carrier at this time of year - is it comfortable with the temp and humidity? Thinking we will just use umbrella stroller.

Are there any beaches with umbrellas, huts etc to provide shade?

Any other handy tips? Thanks :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic

I'm not sure how much experience you will find here about sailing in OZ, but there is a forum here at CC for OZ and Kiwi cruisers, and you might find some answers there. I don't believe you will find an iron nor any self service laundry facilities onboard. No royal Caribbean or Celebrity ship has them. And irons are not permitted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=712

General questions about Royal ships can be answered on the Royal board here at CC, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Here is a fairly recent thread about cruising with a toddler on Rhapsody:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2150674&highlight=royal+babies+and+tots+nursery

There are plenty of "mashable" foods...no real need to have stuff pureed. Sure, you can bring some jars of meats, if you need to...but veggies, fruits, starches are plentiful. No baby spoons/fork...bring that yourself.

No kettles, no irons, no microwaves, etc...for passenger use. No self-laundry on ANY RCI or Celebrity ship.

You can turn the AC up or down....you control it!

Almost every beach has lounger/umbrella rentals....so bring plenty of baby sunscreen, tho,....even shade isn't that protective!

Oh, and bring a blow up tub....unless you're in a suite, you won't have a tub! Also useful if you want your baby to be able to "splash" at the pool. Diapered people are NOT allowed in the pools.

Edited by cb at sea