Newbie question about luggage

Hello All,

Total newbie question here. There are 4 of us and we cannot pack light enough to only have carry-ons. So we'll have two checked suitcases plus a carry-on with our essentials.

I've been reading about the luggage process (this is our first cruise) and was just wondering....can we keep our suitcases with us? I realize it might not be ideal, but at least we'll know we have our stuff. Is this an option?

Thanks!

Not sure why you would want to keep your luggage with you but as far as what I have seen yes. I usually tip the porter who will meet you at the port and he'll take your bags and off they go and they have always shown up at our room. usually keep my pack pack with any essentials.

Just keep what you need for the first few hours in your carry-on (camera, bathing suit, sun block, etc) and check the rest of the bags with the porter when you arrive at the pier. There's no way you want to lug all those bags around a crowded ship for several hours. They'll arrive at your room sometime later on embarkation day.

Hello All,

Total newbie question here. There are 4 of us and we cannot pack light enough to only have carry-ons. So we'll have two checked suitcases plus a carry-on with our essentials.

I've been reading about the luggage process (this is our first cruise) and was just wondering....can we keep our suitcases with us? I realize it might not be ideal, but at least we'll know we have our stuff. Is this an option?

Thanks!

Anything you want to take with you has to fit through an airport type scanner.

Hello All,

Thanks!

You get on the ship and want to begin having fun. Why do you want to carry suitcases and carry on bags? Your room will not be available until 1:00 - 1:30

You get on the ship and want to begin having fun. Why do you want to carry suitcases and carry on bags? Your room will not be available until 1:00 - 1:30

Because I've read stories about bags going missing and can't imagine being on a ship for 5 days without a change of clothes. :eek:

Because I've read stories about bags going missing and can't imagine being on a ship for 5 days without a change of clothes. :eek:

MUCH more likely it will be lost by the airline on the way to the port.

I am have been around here on multiple cruise line sections, and other Disney related board, for years...I think maybe twice I heard of a bag not getting to the room from the pier.

One time it got left at the pier for some reason, and another time they delivered it to the wrong room who promptly set it aside until 3 days into the cruise when the housekeeping staff were doing a search of every room to look for the bag.

Trust the porters, you will be fine.

Agree with everyone - lost luggage is usually from the airlines, not the cruise ship. Do suggest putting valuables in your bag that you take aboard much as you wouldn't put valuables in checked luggage.