Advice needed - lost job

2newcruzers

Varies from state to state.

In Wisconsin:

General Minimum wage is $7.25 per hour.

Tipped employees general minimum wage is $2.33 per hour.

General Minimum wage for "opportunity employees/under 20 as an example" minimum wage is $5.90 per hour and $2.13 for tipped employees.

Thanks for the info. WOW! I knew the U.S. minimum was lower but that's low!

Next time I'm getting a brat and beer in your Great State I'll be tipping REALLY well!;)

Minumum wage is about to go up to £6.70 ph (around $10 USD and around $12 CD) with under 21s being paid a pound or so less.

There are no such thing as tipped employees as government guidelines mean everyone has to be paid as the above. The only exception is student based apprentices who have to be paid around half that ph.

Thank you. I love learning new stuff!:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

Thanks for the info. WOW! I knew the U.S. minimum was lower but that's low!

Next time I'm getting a brat and beer in your Great State I'll be tipping REALLY well!;)

Thank you! Servers will appreciate! Wisconsin is a good place to live and vacation!

I was born and raised in England and have traveled extensively, so I do not mean to put US standards on other people, I just think I have a good feel for tipping cultures. I personally belong to the "when in Rome, do as the Romans do!" Therefore, whether I personally agree with the cruisline's tipping policy versus salary paid, I accept that that is the way it is, and comply with suggested guidelines.

Never intended this thread to be a tipping thread, and as I said previously, I do wish OP well and hope that they can continue with their cruise.

2newcruisers please come back and let us know you are ok. If you feel you are unable to put another message on this board, please send me a private message.

You are able to contact 2newcruisers by using the networking function, see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile.php?do=buddylist#irc It will be up to her if she accepts.