Future Cruise Credit

Aussie Jeep

Can anyone tell me if I purchase a future cruise credit can I apply that credit as a payment to an existing future booking that I have already made?

A Cruise Reward can only be used for a NEW future booking. If the cruise you want to take is still outside final payment, you can cancel and rebook to use the Cruise Reward...as long as you accept the current booking promotions of course.

The fcc must be purchased before a cruise is booked. It cannot be bought at a later date and then used to apply it to one already booked. If you have a cruise booked, and found your lost fcc certificate, and if it was bought prior to booking, it can be applied to bring down the balance. ( I read this in an old post I found.)

Can anyone tell me if I purchase a future cruise credit can I apply that credit as a payment to an existing future booking that I have already made?

We were on the Sun last week and purchased two future cruise credits. I asked the consultant if we could use these toward an existing booking and she said "yes" as long as we had not made our final payment. Of course, we haven't tried this yet but it may be worth a try.

BTW, that's an impressive list of cruises you have lined up there!

Happy cruising!

We were on the Sun last week and purchased two future cruise credits. I asked the consultant if we could use these toward an existing booking and she said "yes" as long as we had not made our final payment. Of course, we haven't tried this yet but it may be worth a try.

Happy cruising!

That consultant needs to re-read the rules for the FCC. They clearly state for NEW bookings of 6 or more days ...

It is a DEPOSIt on a new cruise, not a payment on one already booked.

Edited by NMLady

We have never done this before, but since the topic is future cruise credit, can someone tell me if this is correct?

We have $300 OBC right now.

We use $150 of that to put down on a future cruise (or maybe it was $250?).

And then we get $100 back to our OBC account.

So we have $300, they take off the future cruise deposit, and then they add back on the OBC bonus for buying a future cruise deposit.

Does it really work that way? Because if so, it's a pretty smart thing to do, yes? My exact figures may be off, but am I missing something here? And all this is done on my tab while I am on the ship so that I can still use the OBC on this current sailing?

Edited by mearsfansinboise

We have never done this before, but since the topic is future cruise credit, can someone tell me if this is correct?

We have $300 OBC right now.

We use $150 of that to put down on a future cruise (or maybe it was $250?).

And then we get $100 back to our OBC account.

So we have $300, they take off the future cruise deposit, and then they add back on the OBC bonus for buying a future cruise deposit.

Does it really work that way? Because if so, it's a pretty smart thing to do, yes? My exact figures may be off, but am I missing something here? And all this is done on my tab while I am on the ship so that I can still use the OBC on this current sailing?

$300 less $250 plus $100 equals $150 remaining. The $100 'OBC' is marketing twaddle for a $100 discount off the price. You never get to spend that $100 (though they are trying to kid you that you get an extra $100 for them to relieve you of:rolleyes:).

$300 less $250 plus $100 equals $150 remaining. The $100 'OBC' is marketing twaddle for a $100 discount off the price. You never get to spend that $100 (though they are trying to kid you that you get an extra $100 for them to relieve you of:rolleyes:).

OK - so I do have it right then. It saves me on the big deposit though, so that's good - thanks much!

Actually, I might be confused now.

Pardon my ignorance....:rolleyes:

We have $300 OBC going on to the ship now from a promo when we booked.

We use $250 of that to put down on a future cruise.

Leaving us $50 OBC.

Then we get $100 back to our OBC account from booking the future cruise.

So now we have $150 total left --- can we spend that on this same cruise? Will it be immediate and reflect on this sailing?

Actually, I might be confused now.

Pardon my ignorance....:rolleyes:

We have $300 OBC going on to the ship now from a promo when we booked.

We use $250 of that to put down on a future cruise.

Leaving us $50 OBC.

Then we get $100 back to our OBC account from booking the future cruise.

So now we have $150 total left --- can we spend that on this same cruise? Will it be immediate and reflect on this sailing?

Yes. That $100 OBC is immediately available and is only for the cruise you are currently on, not refundable if not used.

Hi, sorry if I'm repeating the same question but just wanted to check I have this right. If I book a FCC on board our sailing next month is the $100 OBC applied to that sailing? Or to the booking that we make using the FCC? And is one purchased per cabin or per person travelling? Thank you, really hoping to do this :)

You can use Future Cruise Rewards with a travel agent.

You get the OBC applied on that cruise. To avoid confusion think of it as buying a $250 deposit for $150. I think you can buy up to 4 per person. However, you can only use 1 per cabin booked.

BTW, that's an impressive list of cruises you have lined up there!

Happy cruising!

Two of my ta's also said "yes"![emoji56] [emoji41]

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

You can use Future Cruise Rewards with a travel agent.

You get the OBC applied on that cruise. To avoid confusion think of it as buying a $250 deposit for $150. I think you can buy up to 4 per person. However, you can only use 1 per cabin booked.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad