Flight in and our of Rome for Allure - August

Our family of 4 is planning on taking the cruise on the Allure from Rome this August.

I'm wondering:

1. for a 8 PM cruise departure time, what time should we plan on arriving at Rome airport. We'll be flying into Rome from Paris.

2. Also for a 7 AM disembarkment, would a 10 AM flight our of Rome airport be too tight?

Thanks so much for your help!

As a practical matter most flights from the USA will be red eyes and you will get into Rome 6-9am. Head right to the ship and you should be able to get onboard at 11am.

If you can make other arrangements, I don't think I would like to land any later than 3pm.

Outbound from Rome 12 noon would be the absolute earliest for your flight home.

Enjoy your cruise.

Our family of 4 is planning on taking the cruise on the Allure from Rome this August.

I'm wondering:

1. for a 8 PM cruise departure time, what time should we plan on arriving at Rome airport. We'll be flying into Rome from Paris.

2. Also for a 7 AM disembarkment, would a 10 AM flight our of Rome airport be too tight?

Thanks so much for your help!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2724&faqSubjectId=324

I just reviewed my Sept 2014 docs...

The above gave me 11:30am for my sailing, My flight was 11:45am.

I was off the ship at about 7:30am. I was on the RCL transfer and we departed right at about 8am, got to FCO at 9am with a ton of time to spare.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise! :D

1. I'd fly into Rome a day before your cruise. No worries about delays or cancellations to arrive on time. Not a bad place to spend a day!

2. Our 1pm flight out of Rome was delayed and cancelled. Flying out that "late" leaves no options for another flight, as the majority of them (heading to the US) leave in the am. Any issues and you'll be leaving the next day, like we did. FYI

Peg

I have a 5am dock time in Rome and United changed my flight from 1pm to 11:30am. I was told that earliest flight time should be 10:50am, but I booked a cruise transfer for $75 to the airport. I'm hoping that it will get me off first (and I'm taking the train from Rome to embark-- I wouldn't normally pay this and try to do it on my own). But it's too tight.

Personally, I would fly in the day before the cruise and fly out the day after the cruise. Just in case you or the ship get delayed. But that's just how I do it :D. Only time I flew home the same day I got off the ship was in Copenhagen. I had a 5 PM flight and did an excursion with airport drop off. Worked like a charm

Cindy