gem cruise director

mrdrdoso

just wondering who the cruise director on the gem is now. we are sailing in may and I can't remember the guy we had 2 years ago but he was fabulous x 10. I know sometimes when the switch from carribean to bahamas they also change directors. just curious

Last month it was Dan Dan

I think that the Cruise Director you are remembering is Sinan and he is not with the company anymore. Cruise Directors are on for 4 months and off for 2. the season or type of cruise does not matter.

Sinan was the best

I first met him when he was the bingo boy , then Assistant CD then CD

Sailed with Dan Dan as ACD then CD

He did not do anything for me in terms of his entertainment value. Everything from him seemed forced and i didn't find him funny

Pleasant yes, funny no

just my opinion

I think that the Cruise Director you are remembering is Sinan and he is not with the company anymore. Cruise Directors are on for 4 months and off for 2. the season or type of cruise does not matter.

your right i loved sinan, he was fabulous, such a loss for ncl

I have a feeling Traveler meant that the CD the OP remembered from a few years ago was Sinan.

Dan Dan is an amazing CD. I would rank up him with Sinan as one of my favorites.

you are correct, sinan was great, his antics and showmanship was outstanding. best CD by far :)

• 2 weeks later...

anyone who just got off the gem who is the cruise director as of april. I know dan dan is on vacation and just got off the ship and was wondering who is aboard now. I never had dan dan, but boy we loved sinan when we had him, so sorry hes gone he was a blast

Just got off the Gem today and our CD was Gio. He said it was his first cruise on the Gem after coming over from the Spirit.

thanks for letting us know, how was he as CD or was your lack of saying the answer?

thanks for letting us know, how was he as CD or was your lack of saying the answer?

Gio was good. At first I was a little disappointed, but as the trip progressed I liked him more and more. Maybe it just took me a little while to get used to his Costa Rican accent? Or maybe I held a grude after he welcomed us all aboard the Norwegian Spirit at the first night's show? :D Overall I would say he was better than average, but not the best.

The op is asking about 2 years ago..... Not last month

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, the OP was asking who the current CD is for their upcoming trip. It was just mentioned that they loved whoever the CD was on their previous Gem cruise 2 yrs ago. Therefore, that post, noting the CD from a month ago who could have possible still been onboard, was just fine.

It's really not polite, nor is it necessary, to make derogatory comments like that.

Happy Cruising [emoji4] (because that's what the board is all about!)

No, the OP was asking who the current CD is for their upcoming trip. It was just mentioned that they loved whoever the CD was on their previous Gem cruise 2 yrs ago. Therefore, that post, noting the CD from a month ago who could have possible still been onboard, was just fine.

It's really not polite, nor is it necessary, to make derogatory comments like that.

And it's not really necessary to tell me you think my post was derogatory either. My post my just to the point btw.

thank you all, yes I was on the gem 2013 and had sinan and was asking the current CD out of curiousity. thank you all for the replys, granted i will have a blast no matter what but I have to say Sinan set the bar very high last sailing.

And it's not really necessary to tell me you think my post was derogatory either. My post my just to the point btw.

Im sorry, but it actually seemed as though you misunderstood the point. Now let's be nice, and carry on.

thank you all, yes I was on the gem 2013 and had sinan and was asking the current CD out of curiousity. thank you all for the replys, granted i will have a blast no matter what but I have to say Sinan set the bar very high last sailing.

Have a fantastic cruise! I hope the currant CD is a blast!