NCL transfer from Star to Copenhagen airport

I've posted on the regular Cruise Critic NCL board, but thought I'd try on this one - even though I haven't seen info on specific cruise line transfers. Has anyone had experience using NCL's transfer from and to Copenhagen airport? We arrive 7:30 am day of cruise, and I understand transfers don't start until 11 am (info from NCL). Has anyone been able to leave the airport for the ship any earlier on the NCL transfer - or should we just do a cab? We're 7 people and they're pricey for that size group.

Also, our return flight is day of Star's arrival back in Copenhagen at 12:20 pm. Getting all 7 of us to the airport on NCL's transfer - doable or are we really pushing it timewise? Thanks for any info....afraid to do a private service because we won't have phone service to check in or find them.

I can't give you any answers regarding transfers from NCL but looks like it's cheaper and quicker to take the train/metro from the airport to the city.

http://www.cph.dk/en/parking-transport/bus-train-metro/train/

http://www.cph.dk/en/parking-transport/bus-train-metro/metro/

A quick search also about where to leave luggage while you sightsee should you want to.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/luggage-storage

Edited by ISLABONITA

Thanks, Islabonita, for the response. I had seen your previous one about google being my friend - but I had wanted the specific info on NCL's transfers. We have a person with mobility issues, so need the easiest (and probably most expensive!) way of getting to and from the ship.

Sorry, keep searching on the board under Wonderful Copenhagen thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135935

You may want to split up and 2 people take a taxi and the rest via metro.

or book a mini van transfer

http://www.airportcollections.net/guides/popular/copenhagen-airport-transfer-copenhagen-port-transfer

about $27 pp one way

Can't vouch for them but seems reasonable. You may want to post on TripAdvisor if you don't get a response here.

Edited by ISLABONITA

The taxi stand was pretty close to the terminal. But the line to get a taxi for people who didn't prebook was insane - it went around an entire warehouse a few times. Thankfully, NCL left a booth in the terminal where people could sign up for a NCL transfer in the warehouse, so we were able to get to the airport just fine and skip the taxi line. The people who arranged for taxis ahead of time were fine too, so whatever you do please make sure you sign up ahead of time.

The taxi stand was pretty close to the terminal. But the line to get a taxi for people who didn't prebook was insane - it went around an entire warehouse a few times. Thankfully, NCL left a booth in the terminal where people could sign up for a NCL transfer in the warehouse, so we were able to get to the airport just fine and skip the taxi line. The people who arranged for taxis ahead of time were fine too, so whatever you do please make sure you sign up ahead of time.

Do you happen to know how much the transfer from the port to airport was? We have a ton of OBC and I thought that would be a good way to use it.

Do you happen to know how much the transfer from the port to airport was? We have a ton of OBC and I thought that would be a good way to use it.

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services

I just called them $30pp one way and you will be first off the ship with flight information- notice the timeline for booking -PRESENTLY HE TOLD ME OBC IS NOT USEABLE

Edited by ISLABONITA

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services

I just called them $30pp one way and you will be first off the ship with flight information- notice the timeline for booking -PRESENTLY HE TOLD ME OBC IS NOT USEABLE

Hi Isii!

Fancy meeting you here :-)

Are you doing this cruise or have you already done it?

We are doing the Norwegian Fjords and Baltic Capitals B2B May 2016.

We figure if we are going all that way and paying so much for flights we will knock two that have been on our list for a few years off.

Just decided yesterday so at the very beginning stages of research..really just reading and getting an idea of what is out there.

Hi Isii!

We figure if we are going all that way and paying so much for flights we will knock two that have been on our list for a few years off.

Just decided yesterday so at the very beginning stages of research..really just reading and getting an idea of what is out there.

Hi Angela.. we are on the Norwegian Fjords this June then we head up to Iceland for a few days.. first stopping in Vienna to visit a friend then off to Copenhagen where the ship docks.

Those are two expensive cruises! We are flying for the most part on points, only purchase is from CPH to Reykjavik.

There is quite a bit of info provided in the forum.. have fun researching!

Iliana

Edited by ISLABONITA

Hi Isii!

Are you doing the May 24 Baltic Capital cruise. We just signed up for that one.

I, too, have much to research.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say that I did book the transfers through NCL from and to Copenhagen airport. They worked out very well. We even had an added bonus of a 2.5 hour city tour after being picked up at CPH from our early arriving flight. The guide said that they were adding it because the port wasn't ready for check-in yet. A delightful guide and a gorgeous city, which we wouldn't have had a chance to see because we flew in and out day of departure and arrival for the Star (responsibilities at home causing the time constraints).

Just wanted to say that I did book the transfers through NCL from and to Copenhagen airport. They worked out very well. We even had an added bonus of a 2.5 hour city tour after being picked up at CPH from our early arriving flight. The guide said that they were adding it because the port wasn't ready for check-in yet. A delightful guide and a gorgeous city, which we wouldn't have had a chance to see because we flew in and out day of departure and arrival for the Star (responsibilities at home causing the time constraints).

Wow that was quite a nice freebie!