sold out category- how long before cabin is assigned?

mysaddlebred000

My daughter called me this morning and said when she looked this morning, all of the cabins in the category they booked a guarantee are now marked sold out. She said there were about a dozen still available yesterday.

I have never booked a guarantee so am no help to her. Does this mean they pulled all the cabins so they can start assigning guarantees and upsells?

Do they normally do it like this? Cruise is still five weeks out.

That doesn't mean anything. She will be assigned at least the cabin category she booked OR higher.

We sail on Saturday. We booked the lowest category balcony as a guarantee and those cabins have been sold out for months. We received our cabin assignment yesterday...just a few days before sailing. We were assigned a B1 Caribe deck midship balcony (with the bigger balconies) and we couldn't be happier with this upgrade.

We were on the Regal in January and we given our cabin assignment just the night before boarding on one leg of our BtoB and a couple days before on our second leg. Both assignments we higher cabin categories than we booked.

That all being said, though, we have booked guarantees in the past where we were assigned the exact category we booked in. There really is no way to tell ahead of time.

My daughter called me this morning and said when she looked this morning, all of the cabins in the category they booked a guarantee are now marked sold out. She said there were about a dozen still available yesterday.

I have never booked a guarantee so am no help to her. Does this mean they pulled all the cabins so they can start assigning guarantees and upsells?

Do they normally do it like this? Cruise is still five weeks out.

If you look again you may see those cabins reappear again.

They often take them offline then they are there again, I have seen that happen many times.

The cabin could be assigned anytime up to the day before sailing.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

If you look again you may see those cabins reappear again.

They often take them offline then they are there again, I have seen that happen many times.

That is what I was wondering. There is no way 12 suites would be booked in one day this late in the game.

I know they can be assigned anytime up to departure - that is the reason I never do them but she just asked dear old dad and thought I'd ask her.

thanks

Colo Cruiser,

You were right. She called a while ago to say the sold out was gone on the main page but when she selected suites, only one was available. So eleven went today. Wonder what it will show tomorrow.

I see them come and go constantly, it can drive you crazy. :D