Booked Coral Princess April 12

travelplus

My Father and I are officially booked on the Coral Princess from Ft.Lauderdale to Los Angeles. Just finished booking Princess Air and Transfers. It was quite hectic looking for airfare with the appropriate arrival times. Lots of them arriving at 12:00 AM.

I am on my Commodore Princess Cruise(the last one in November was for the Commodore Cunard Med Cruise 14 nights).

I was looking around online and was thinking about doing a Panama Canal cruise last year but none were available at the times we wanted.

As a cruise aficionado I love looking for itineraries and on good ships and I wanted to try Princess during their 50 Years.

We get an Interior 1E but its on guarantee so perhaps we will get an upgrade either way I have found out that an interior is fine as were mostly up on deck anyways.

The Ports of Call looked very enticing and the airfare is $420 per person. While one went for $320 we don't have to get a ride up to SFO at oh god 30 AM.

It pays to spend the night as the ship begins boarding at 12:30 PM.

Port Everglades seems like a smaller port so it will be easy to board. We were in Port Everglades as part of an unscheduled stop on the Royal Caribbean Navigator Of the Seas for a Medical Emergency. It was fun seeing the Flowrider and the Condos as well.

Last minute bookings are very good because you run the chance of getting a better cabin.

I look forward to joining the Meet and Greet Forum as well.

We just did the Partial Panama cruise on the Coral (one person in our group will not fly) and we had a great time.

we had an inside cabin and found we were up on the decks during the lock transit where we could see all around from different angles. Remember far forward on decks 10 and 11 is a door (normally closed) that will be open. this leads to a small deck for forward viewing. :cool:

enjoy your cruise!!

During the canal transit there will be a ton of folks hogging tables in the buffet (forward area of Lido deck). But the area around the Lotus pool has soft loungers and is indoor air conditioned. You can watch the scenery in comfort and step outside to take pictures. We spend very little time in our cabin on Coral or Island.