Caribbean Princess - Extra Deck - Covered Balcony?

Cruise Arizona

Hey everyone,

I just got off the Grand Princess, and loved it.

I am looking at a 7 day Western on the Caribbean Princess in Dec.

Questions 1 - Does the ship have a more Crowded feel due to the extra deck of cabins. Grand Princess never felt crowded.

Question 2 - Does service suffer at all due to extra deck of passengers? Our dining and overall service experience was amazing on Grand.

Question 3 - I am currently looking at a BF R205 on the Riviera deck, is this covered or open to balconies above?

Any help is appreciated.

Hey everyone,

I just got off the Grand Princess, and loved it.

I am looking at a 7 day Western on the Caribbean Princess in Dec.

Questions 1 - Does the ship have a more Crowded feel due to the extra deck of cabins. Grand Princess never felt crowded.

Question 2 - Does service suffer at all due to extra deck of passengers? Our dining and overall service experience was amazing on Grand.

Question 3 - I am currently looking at a BF R205 on the Riviera deck, is this covered or open to balconies above?

Any help is appreciated.

We have sailed on the CB a few times and it has never really felt crowded to us. We have always been on the Super Grand class of ships so really have nothing to compare it to yet (although will be on Golden in August to give a different perspective).

for number 2, we have had great dining on every Princess cruise we have taken.

For number 3, it is completely covered. Riviera is deck 14 with the Lido deck being deck 15 directly above. Please note you will have open deck above you instead of passenger cabins, so look on the deck plans to see what is above your chosen cabin.

R205 is under the cabins that are located on the Lido deck. So I think it is a great location.

That far forward you should be ok, there are Lido deck cabins above I think?

In some areas the overhang on Riviera deck actually sticks out quite abit further (below the HC) then normal because of the Lido deck above.