Oasis of the Seas Review Feb. 28-March 7, 2015

I too love the picture of the old fort.

Do you remember where on Labadee it is?

Been there 5 x and being a creature of habit did not see this and would love too.

Thanks

Love your thread

Kinda hard to explain, I would say it's on the way to the Nellie's Beach area just past the private member area. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the review - not too wordy, which is great! Also love that it's a fellow Texan with no kids, so can relate to the outlook. We cruised on Oasis last year and loved it so much we're booked again for this year. Anxious to try some of the specialty restaurants we didn't visit and relax in Labadee.

we are soon to go on oasis, My husband and I. We have MTD for formal nite and a few other nights. I was wondering if you can remember about what time you went to dinner on the day you went to Falmouth and on the formal night. Because I have read that the wait time can be over 30 minutes at times. But i think it depends on when you go as your wait was not to bad.

Also , do they have beer available at Vintages/ Im the wine drinker and husband likes the beer, but we both like tapas. Thanks for any information you can give.:)

we are soon to go on oasis, My husband and I. We have MTD for formal nite and a few other nights. I was wondering if you can remember about what time you went to dinner on the day you went to Falmouth and on the formal night. Because I have read that the wait time can be over 30 minutes at times. But i think it depends on when you go as your wait was not to bad.

Also , do they have beer available at Vintages/ Im the wine drinker and husband likes the beer, but we both like tapas. Thanks for any information you can give.:)

If I recall we ate around 8:00-8:30, no later. If you have just you and your husband it goes really quick; large parties will take longer.

I did not check on beers at Vintages but they were so nice if you ask they would probably find your husband a few.

Hey Robin,

My DW and I really enjoy Carnival. There are a few differences, but I think those differences are due to the ships we have been on; meaning no matter which cruise line you ask about, the Oasis Class ships are going to be different. But overall there really isn't much difference when it comes to employee care, other cruisers or dining. There are more options for added fee dining with RC. Most Carnival ships only have 1 maybe 2 fee options for dining. Food in MDR is about the same in quality. We did not eat at Windjammer on Oasis but I have heard the selection is better than Carnival; I heard it is set up better too.

The rooms are a bit smaller on RC but not by much. The showers on RC are better as they have glass doors instead of the clinging shower curtain. RC also put in a metal bar for ladies to shave their legs which my DW really appreciated.

Activities during the day on Carnival tend to focus around the pool deck, while RC has them spread out.

Shows on RC are definately better. They put a lot of time and money into them.

Let me know if I missed something you want me to compare.

Thanks so much! Now I'm not going to worry any more. :) I've been given such negative info. on Carnival but it's from long ago sailings and I figure if they were that bad would they still be in business.

I'm really looking forward to going the Southern Route out of Miami on a brand new ship so it should be nothing but wonderful!

Loved your pictures and again thank you for giving me an idea of what to expect!

Robin

This was a great review. It brought back memories of the Oasis since cruising with her last year. I have travelled many of cruise ships, but the ones I enjoy the most are RCCL. Will be cruising Oasis sister ship Allure next year. Can't wait. Your review was short, honest and to the point. Refreshing!!