Trip Insurance (purchased own air)

Raymok

Has anyone had experience with the web site (insuremytrip.com)? Going on the CB in January. I want to make sure there dealing with reputable companies..I've purchased my own air and I'm undecided if I should use Princess insurance or one of the other companies. Since I've purchased my own air I don't believe the Princess insurance will cover that portion of the trip.

I bought travel insurance from InsureMyTrip.com. It was so simple and easy. We sail on the CB on 10/15. I am in remission from ovarian cancer and was concerned that i might reoccur prior to the trip and be in treatment, but the 1-800 number at InsureMyTrip.com assured me that I would be covered for cancellation if i was in treatment. So far, I've been very happy with them. I can't remember the plan name I purchased.

You are correct in your assumption that Princess insurance WILL NOT cover your self purchased airfare tickets. Best to buy outside insurance. Insuremytrip.com is a great site for travel insurance and we use it for all of our cruises. They are very reputable. Best of Luck and have a great cruise!

We have used TravelGuard for numerous years. You can purchase a less expensive policy if you opt to forego their medical insurance - if your medical insurance will cover you outside of the US - but you have to specifically ask for that. We have used the insurance twice. First time, the couple we were traveling with - her father got ill the night we arrived in California for the next day sailing of the Mexican Riviera. Because we had purchased all of our tickets together - we opted out of the trip as well and were reimbursed for everything except the additional cost for exchanging our air tickets. They were pretty quick about reimbursement as well.

We also used them last year when we had problems on both ends of a trip (although they only reimbursed for one end). One couple got fogged in at JFK before leaving and needed to get a room for the night. On return from the cruise, we got stuck down in Florida from the blizzard that hit the northeast. They paid for hotel, car and several meals - a total of $100 per person per day as I recall - and again reimbursement was within two weeks.

We have used TravelGuard and Travelex from InsureMyTrip and have been pleased with both. Just remember that you need to purchase the health part just a few days within your initial cruise booking if you want to be covered for ANY preexisting condition. ANY includes traveling companions. For instance, if you are travel with someone with a preexisting heart condition and they have a heart attack on the ship. That person and his/her traveling companions would not be insured for evacuation if they didn't purchase the preexisting policy. Helicopter evacuation of a patient can run into the $00,000.

Archived