Radiance of the Seas

danyelle

Hey All,

I'm debating whether or not to change my cruise from Carnival's Liberty to RCLs Radiance.

A few questions if you don't mind.

Will a former Voyager passenger be disappointed in the Radiance?

Does anyone have (or have links to) Radiance Western Compasses/Menus?

Which balcony cabins are best on this ship?

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

D

Don't act like the ship is small, it's only 58 ft shorter then Voyager. Now it is about 40 ft narrower though, but the good thing there are 600 less people onboard. It is our favorite class of ship, next September will be our 3rd time sailing that ship.

Compass is about the same on all the Royal Caribbean ships. Don't see much difference in all the sailings we have gone on.

Jimbo:)

There are a lot less guests than that. A Voyager ship sails with 3300 - 3600 guests on an average week. Radiance class are 2100 - 2300 guests....

ALso, don't forget that Radiance Class still has the basketball and the rock-climbing.

Think about Voyager being Vegas and Radiance being a nice fun resort in the Caribbean. Kinda a good comparison.

Don't forget all the glass on the Radiance.It's an incredibly beautiful ship.I've been on a few of the Carnival ships and after the Radiance last year we booked her again.We had a hump cabin 9580 on deck 9 and absolutely loved it so much we have it again in January.it's agreat location and convenient to everything with a great view from the balcony.

Click the link in my signature for compasses from last December Western sailing on the Radiance. We lucked out and got the coveted aft cabin 9256.

I've been on every class of ship RCI currently has, except the Empress (one of these years...), and have liked each of them in their own way. My all time favorite was the pre-streatched Enchantment. However, DW will take a Voyager class ship over the rest (must be the mall). Our next sailing is on the Radiance sister ship, the Brilliance, so we obviously liked it enough.

The Radiance is BEAUTIFUL. We were in 1060 (Grand Suite) and we had a balcony that could have fit 30 people easily. There were times when you felt like you were one of the only ones on the ship - although it was full.

The elevator with the glass wall opening to the ocean was great. The children's pool was a hit as well. The ship has mini-golf and the rock-climbing wall. You would be missing the inside Promenade, Johnny Rockets, and ice skating - not much in my opinion. I would go on the Radiance again in a heartbeat.

Danyelle - I have a copy of the Radiance Westen Caribbean Compass' from 2004. About the only thing that will have changed will be some of the ports of call, but if you have any qustions just ask.

You won't be disappointed in the Radiance.

On the Serenade (sister ship) two weeks ago, we had a fully sold ship and the only time I felt crowded was during a couple of sales the stores had near the end. Almost everywhere else on the ship there was plenty of space for everyone.

Barb

We just switched from Carnival Valor to Radiance for this Christmas cruise. And we are also former Voyager cruisers. We love the Voyager class ships when the family sails together (husband, me, adult 26 yo sons, and a 12 yo son). We found something to do for everyone.

Since Christmas cruises are pretty expensive, we decided to save a few dollars so booked the Valor. But, we rethought our decision last week and because we love RCCL, we switched to the Radiance. We also eyed the 10 day Explorer but my sons both work, just started out on their career path, and that meant an extra day off work. I get 5 weeks vacation each year and need to burn some but oh well, 9 days will suit me fine. Also, the price was a bit higher.

From what I read, the Radiance should suit us just fine. There's enough activities to keep each of us busy and I suspect a good mix of people of all ages. I've found many pictures of the Radiance and what a beautiful ship. Also, when I sail the Voyager, I feel like I'm directed inside vs. outside. The Promenade factors into this and it almost feels like I'm not on the ocean. The Radiance directs passengers outside due to all the glass and lack of Promenade.

I did the Radiance in April (with DH), and the Navigator in June (with 3 kids). Really enjoyed both trips. LOVED the Radiance... but that could have something to do with the fact that a) we were upgraded from a balcony to grand suite ... or b) it was just DH and I ;) .

Either way, there was no disappointment on either ship, both were beautiful, and neither felt crowded.

Radiance is a great choice!

A~:)

We have sailed on the Voyager, Explorer, Radiance, and the Carnival Legend. I have to say that my favorite was the Radiance. It was just so beautiful and elegant. I loved all the glass. But for me, the selling point was the layout. I loved all the little intimate lounges where you could sit and chat and feel like you were the only ones there. My DH and kids prefer the Voyager class, but I would love to sail again on a Radiance class ship.

Tammy

I think to compare the two classes is like comparing apples and oranges....both taste good but different. There is a lot to love about both classes and everyone should experience both. I would not fear being disappointed in crusing either one after the other...its just another cruise adventure! Deb

We've been on the Serenade (sister ship) twice and are going on the Radiance to the Western in Nov. Lots of glass on the Radiance class ships. Go for the hump. The balconies are bigger.

There are still lots of things to do on the Radiance class and it's not as big as the Voyager class ships.

Archived