Adventure Embarkation Time in San Juan

We always get to the pier early, so we can be on the ship pretty much as soon as the doors open. Since the ship gets in fairly early in San Juan (6 am) I figured we may get on the ship around 10 am since 7-8 am arrivals usually have us on the ship by 11 am. For those of you who like to be one of the first on the ship and have cruised on the Adventure out of San Juan, what time did they start embarkation?

Thanks!!!

Hi Adam,

The last time we were on the Adventure we were able to board around 11:00. Hmm I doubt you would be able to be on the ship at 10:00. For all the cruises we have taken, 11:00 seems to be the norm.

Ali

going next month and want to get on as early as possible. Anyone there last week that can tell me how early they opened the doors? We typically are one of the first ones on so want to get there and get on right away and enjoy the day at the pool before we leave San Juan.

We always get to the pier early, so we can be on the ship pretty much as soon as the doors open. Since the ship gets in fairly early in San Juan (6 am) I figured we may get on the ship around 10 am since 7-8 am arrivals usually have us on the ship by 11 am. For those of you who like to be one of the first on the ship and have cruised on the Adventure out of San Juan, what time did they start embarkation?

Thanks!!!

We've cruised RCCL from San Juan the past 5 years. I don't recall them ever starting to board prior to 11:00. I highly doubt you would be on the ship before then.

I'm on the 3/22 sailing, as well. :)

I just got a robo-call re boarding times based on deck. Luckily, I am on a high deck, but 2:00 (the time for deck 9) is pretty late, plus I am coming from a San Juan hotel. They will see my family a lot earlier than 2:00!

Edited by Laurin612

I'm on the March 22nd sailing of Adventure. I just got a Robocall from Royal asking that we arrive at the pier by your deck number. It started with deck 10 at 1:30 and went down from there. Our deck was at 3:30! we usually are there by noon and are staying at a hotel nearby. I have no clue what we are going to do for 3 hours..

Sailed last month(Feb 2015) on Adventure. We arrived at 10:50 am by taxi. We dropped our luggage and went straight into the terminal and there was no line-up for Gold Members :) however there was a short line for higher level C&A members. We did our paperwork and got our sea passes in 5 mins. We were then directed to sit in the waiting/holding area and the doors opened at 11:30 for embarkation.

We saw lots of people arriving at the same time we arrived and dropping their luggage off and hoping back into a taxi. I assume to tour San Juan for the day and would board later but didn't have to worry about their luggage as they had already dropped it off.

We also received an email stating our embarkation time was 3pm. I had read that they do not enforce embarkation times in North America so we decided to do as most people were suggesting and ignore the embarkation time.

Edited by soccercrazy

For what it's worth, Carnival does the same thing. We've received messages from them telling us to arrive at the pier after 2:00pm--even though we had purchased "Faster to the Fun" which basically means you are on the ship before noon. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that it is just a way to try to spread out the arrival times and not have everyone show up at once.

Edited by Laurin612