Rays, Reef and Rum Point or Starfish

Fun Loving

Thinking of booking with Native Way and torn between these 2 tours. Although hanging out on the beach sounds wonderful, I think it would be neat to see the starfish. Can anyone weigh in on these 2 tours (pros, cons, recommendations)? I have done the stingray city, coral gardens and reef before but my travel partner has not done any. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

We were on a boat last week with Native way, and we had people from both tours on the same boat. Two families doing "starfish" and a group of four doing Rum Point. I can't recommend Nativeway highly enough.

For us, all of the 'boat' activities were the same. We did Stingray city, snorkeled in one spot, and moved a bit to find starfish. The only difference was that we dropped off some people at Rum Point before returning with the two families to the yacht club.

I'm not sure if this was the normal way (we seemed to be about 30 minutes longer than Sherrie expected when we reached Rum Point). Maybe our numbers were low, so we got a 'blended' tour. But for our little group, there wasn't much difference.

I will STRONGLY recommend getting off the ship early and taking the first tour of the day. We were the second boat to Stingray City that day, and only ten people were on our boat. When we pulled back into the yacht club, the next round had 30+ folks piling onto the boat for the same tour, and there were hundreds of people at Stingray City as we went back to the yacht club.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a great day with Nativeway and our Rays/Snorkeling/Rum Point excursion. I haven't done the one with the starfish, but bet it would be great as well if you have never got to see the starfish or hold them (we did when we went to Bannister Island, now known as Starfish Island and there were tons of them...which is why we didn't pick the starfish portion of this tour).

I have a complete review listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures if you are interested in seeing our tour. :)

Isn't the starfish area near Rum Point? I thought if you walk from Rum Point you can easily get to where the starfish usually are. I might be thinking of a different area than what the tour goes to, but I'm sure there's a spot where the starfish hang out just down from Rum Point.

Thinking of booking with Native Way and torn between these 2 tours. Although hanging out on the beach sounds wonderful, I think it would be neat to see the starfish. Can anyone weigh in on these 2 tours (pros, cons, recommendations)? I have done the stingray city, coral gardens and reef before but my travel partner has not done any. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

With the Rum Point you get lunch included. (it was good)

:)

I was looking at this excursion as well. Do you know exactly how long you are at Rum Point Beach? I am mainly interested in going to Rum Point: but I can't find a single excursion for that.

I was looking at this excursion as well. Do you know exactly how long you are at Rum Point Beach? I am mainly interested in going to Rum Point: but I can't find a single excursion for that.

We got there and ate lunch. After we finished lunch we had 1 hour and 25 minutes before Chris blew the horn and started rounding us all up to go back.

You leave for the tour early in the morning and get back an hour before the tenders stop running so it feels like a full day. We didn't feel rushed anywhere. (even at Rum Point)

You may want to e-mail Native Way and ask them about any options for a Rum Point only excursion if that is what you want. I know someone who got to do that but they knew the owner pretty well so that may have been a one off/special circumstance. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really hoping we can do the RRR tour again. We've done it twice and loved it. We are only in port for 7 hours and it's a 5 he tour. Think we'll be able to do it? I emailed Nativeway but haven't heard back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really hoping we can do the RRR tour again. We've done it twice and loved it. We are only in port for 7 hours and it's a 5 he tour. Think we'll be able to do it? I emailed Nativeway but haven't heard back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure you will be able to do that tour.