Reservation Room Guarantee

I seen on the booking site something about reserving an interior or oceanview room guaratee. Not much price difference from picking the deck and room but was wondering if anyone has done this and worth saving a the few bucks. Just curious. Oh, it also mentions something about a good chance of an upgrade. Did anyone get an upgrade too?

I seen on the booking site something about reserving an interior or oceanview room guaratee. Not much price difference from picking the deck and room but was wondering if anyone has done this and worth saving a the few bucks. Just curious. Oh, it also mentions something about a good chance of an upgrade. Did anyone get an upgrade too?

"What" mentions something about a good chance of an upgrade?

Simply not true.

Do not book a guarantee UNLESS you will be happy with the "worst" cabin in that category. That means all the way forward or all the way aft or connecting or interior corridor or anything else. If you are at all picky about your cabin, a guarantee is NOT the way to go.

We booked two "guarantee" cabins which saved us quite a bit of money. I expected we would end up on deck 2 or 3 but was very surprised and pleased when just two weeks after booking our cabins were assigned on deck 6 in a good location and side by side! I realize we got lucky but glad we did it and saved some money. Of course that "savings" will now be used on the higher drink prices! Lol