Summit -- Debark Tours

Mungus

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about tours offered for debarkation day in San Juan with drop-off at the airport at the conclusion of the tour? Specifically El Yunque Rain Forest? Wondered about cost, and what time flight out needs to be to qualify to do the excursion.

Thanks for any info! :)

I posted this 2 years ago

San Juan – P.R.

We booked the El Yunque Rain Forrest Tour with Celebrity which included baggage handling and airport drop-off. It was run by United Tour Guides. Let me start with the positives. The guide was good as was the price and the itinerary.

The problem was that the bus was old and tired. As soon as we got underway, the diesel fumes became unbearable. I also noticed we seemed to be driving in a very low gear. After our first stop at the El Yunque Park welcome center we were informed that the bus was broken and we would need to wait for another, Another 40 minutes passed before an even more decrepit bus arrived. Three seats too small, kids had to sit on their parents laps.

The tour would have been great with better buses. After a quick call, Celebrity agreed to credit us. Excellent customer service!

I don't know what if anything has changed but will say the odds of you getting the same bus is pretty small as I'm sure that bus has gone to bus heaven.:D

The tour itinerary was great and the US National Park was quite beautiful . It was a great way of waiting out the delay before our flight out . We were a little concerned that the "secured" spot at the airport where our luggage was left was not at all secured but our luggage was unmolested.

One thing to be aware of, and I can't wait to return to El Yunque, is that you will be in a RAIN forest. It is hot year round and subject to rain, of course. You will want to walk off the roadway to experience the lush tropical surroundings and you will need sturdy shoes for the potential of muddy paths. That's not so comfortable for a trip home. Really consider it but also take a change of clothes and leave enough time to clean up before you board your flight.

I'm sure you will find the times listed on the excursion page but it will definitely be available for flights after 2 at the earliest.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. It's much appreciated!

One question, so your luggage is taken to the airport while you're on the tour? It's not stowed in the luggage compartment of the coach while you go through the rain forest? That's a bit concerning.... :confused:

The luggage was dropped off at the airport by separate transport for us .

I do remember this was mentioned in the Celebrity description of this excursion.

There were very few people in the park or in the welcome center. We had heard it can get crowded.