Nova Scotia, New Brunswick

sail7seas

I will admit that I have to think about it each time, but I can now remember which is which:

The city with the two full words is in the province with the two full words. (thank goodness NB started using the word spelled out in full!)

What a great way to remember which is which. Ruth to the rescue again. I, too, get the names wrong (even as a canadian) but should now be able to keep them apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct. I ran out of time editing the original post and got them slightly out of order. Sorry for the slight confusion. :)

The Google Maps link you provided is indeed the road going across the causeway.

If you come to our part of the world, be sure to go around the Cabot Trail in the October time frame. Best time for the changing of the colours IMO.

Thanks for the info! I am constantly confused about geography, so I need little words, repeated often, in most cases :D

DH has expressed some interest in doing the Boston/Mtl or Boston/QC cruise (or reverse). A land add-on (either pre or post) would make sense. I must think about this. When/if we sell our house....

Again, thanks so much for the information!

I just checked Sept and Oct B2B cruises and the lower-end cabins are all sold out. I will keep checking and may need to ask some more questions shrimpboat123. :)

Sail, thanks for starting this thread. Not sure why you did but I hope you got what you wanted from it. It has been very interesting and informative for me.

I asked the question because I didn't know the answer and the maps I looked at were not perfectly clear to me. I wanted to know the answer and it has been well answered. Thank you all who helped. :)

I will admit that I have to think about it each time, but I can now remember which is which:

The city with the two full words is in the province with the two full words. (thank goodness NB started using the word spelled out in full!)

Just a little bit of light-hearted correction here. To begin to understand the old problem of which is where; in the early 1900s late 1800s there were still five cities/towns called Saint/St. John('s) in Eastern Canada. Many changed their names to avoid confusion to visitors and businesses. Much later, when I was living in Saint John the city officially made a by-law that the 'Saint' will not be abbreviated and would always be known as Saint John; IMHO too many had there noses out-of-joint with the name confusion with the much older city of St. John's.

That stated and to confuse the names issue a bit more, the province of Newfoundland changed its name IIRC about 15 years ago. The current official name is the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. This also created problems with many postal authorities due to the two letter abbreviation being NL. Many letters had the misfortune of being delivered to The Netherlands rather than reaching destinations in Canada.

(Please don't hate me for this post, lol)

Life is never easy... :)

Just a little bit of light-hearted correction here. To begin to understand the old problem of which is where; in the early 1900s late 1800s there were still five cities/towns called Saint/St. John('s) in Eastern Canada. Many changed their names to avoid confusion to visitors and businesses. Much later, when I was living in Saint John the city officially made a by-law that the 'Saint' will not be abbreviated and would always be known as Saint John; IMHO too many had there noses out-of-joint with the name confusion with the much older city of St. John's.

That stated and to confuse the names issue a bit more, the province of Newfoundland changed its name IIRC about 15 years ago. The current official name is the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. This also created problems with many postal authorities due to the two letter abbreviation being NL. Many letters had the misfortune of being delivered to The Netherlands rather than reaching destinations in Canada.

(Please don't hate me for this post, lol)

Life is never easy... :)

Thanks for the post. We Atlantic Canadians are a complicated bunch. :D

We only become Atlantic Canadians if Newfoundland is also being included.

We are Maritimers if only referring to PEI, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Whoops, I should have said Newfoundland and Labrador. I still can't get used to that one. :D

Well, then,,,,,,,,, I suppose your southern neighbors should be cut a bit of slack if you yourselves are confused. :D :D

This has been a far more interesting thread than I ever imagined when I started it. :D