Is valor worth it even without 2.0 features?

Not sure how putting a brand name before a bar, a burger, a comedy club

or a game show would make 2.0 anything more than a gimmick.

You will still find all these things on board

without Carnival collecting money for the advertising of such,

and not reaping the benefit of a reduced fare.

Ah yes, but we do love our advertising gimmicks. :)

I laugh every time I read folks saying they won't book a non-2.0 ship.

Edited by Aplmac

DH and I struggled with this before booking the Valor yesterday. DH LOVES Guy's burgers, but was willing to give them up. We chose Valor for one big reason: we are hoping that the airfare will be cheaper into MCO for us. Plus, my parents chose this ship/itinerary out of the choices we gave them as we will be going with them and this will be their first cruise!

Other than Guy's burgers, I don't think either of us will really miss 2.0. Like others have said, a lot of 2.0 is the bars (Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Red Frog Rum Bar, Alchemy Bar). Also, Playlist Productions is part of 2.0 and besides Getaway Island, I haven't really enjoyed any of the new and "improved" shows that Playlist Productions provides. I'm actually looking forward to the "old" shows. I might miss the Blue Iguana Cantina for the chicken tacos, but I read that Valor has a burrito bar. Maybe they have tacos, too? Once we go on the Valor we will have sailed on all the ships in the Conquest Class. :)

Hey everyone, we are looking at doing the cruise on the value in October. We have only been on the liberty and my hubby loved the 2.0 features. What did everyone d think of the valor? Will he miss those features?

Thank you in advance

Honestly I book for itineraries over the ship but since I have experienced 2.0, I definitely would prefer a ship with it. IMHO Guys burgers are awesome, the burrito and taco place was just as good and love the drinks served at the alchemy bar! To each their own! Have fun either way!!

2.0 is disguised downgrades and branding. Don't let it interfer with your cruise selections.

Branding yes, Downgrades... hahaha that is just plain Dumb. :rolleyes:

Branding is everywhere, you must not get out much, or maybe everything is just one big downgrade.... or maybe it's a conspiracy...

Edited by poison7fl

Just sailed the Liberty in November, and going on the Valor in three weeks. I liked Guys and Blue Iguana, but it didn't make or break anything and I won't miss them. I like the Grill on the non 2.0 ships just as well and the fries are not as salty. Guys burgers were good, but again, don't really care. I go the the relaxation, ship and ports, not for the food.

I don't drink, so don't care about the bars.

Edited by poison7fl

Don't sweat the petty stuff

-and don't pet the sweaty stuff.......OK?

2.0 versus non-2.0

(as this applies to ships built since about 2004)

is almost a moot point -a storm in a teacup

but do have fun with it. :)