AMA Embarkation Vilshofen- Redirected d/t Lock

3Kittens

No idea of time involved. I was originally told it was a lock repair, but the notice reads "routine maintenance & repairs"", so????

The only mention of Vilshofen (original port of embarkation) is " Ocktober feast evening will still be held, pax will be transferred by bus from boat (Passau) to Vilshofen that evening as planned". My knowledge is, these towns are side by side, and very close. Passau was planned for the following afternoon, so I assume Passau tour will still happen, but unsure as to Vilshofen.

I assume Regensburg tour / lunch will continue enroute to boat. All sounds good to me.:)

No idea of time involved. I was originally told it was a lock repair, but the notice reads "routine maintenance & repairs"", so????

The only mention of Vilshofen (original port of embarkation) is " Ocktober feast evening will still be held, pax will be transferred by bus from boat (Passau) to Vilshofen that evening as planned". My knowledge is, these towns are side by side, and very close. Passau was planned for the following afternoon, so I assume Passau tour will still happen, but unsure as to Vilshofen.

I assume Regensburg tour / lunch will continue enroute to boat. All sounds good to me.:)

We didn't have any organized tour of Vilshofen-just the Octoberfest. It was shortly after we boarded as the tent where it us held is on the dock. Each person received 2 coupons for beer and they also served large pretzels. Local performers in costume, music, singing and dancing with audience participation. Then dinner followed (on the ship)

Our stop in Regensburg included the walking tour and then many if not most ate at the Sausage Kitchen that the guides pointed out. The sausages were really yummy. You can order a plate or just a sandwich. Maybe I was really hungry but that sandwich was the best!!