Puerta Maya place to buy beer

leela8

Is there a store right at the port to buy a few beers to bring back on the ship?

There is beer to buy, but the ship will likely confiscate it as you reboard.

Beer is a revenue source on board...they want you to buy theirs.

I'm sorry, I should have asked, where can I buy beer at the port?

You may find a store outside the port. Puerta Maya was built by and is run by Carnival Corp. You are not going to find beer there. Any beer you buy outside will have to be turned in to security upon reboarding the ship and held until the last night.

So you may be able to find the beer to buy, but you are not going to be able to bring it back on the ship for consumption on the cruise.

Three best places to look for beer (primarily Mexican beer) are the Mega Store and Chedraui gocery store on Rafael Melgar before the main part of San Miguel and Covi Liquors in San Miguel. There is a gas station and small convenience store across from Puerta Maya, where many taxi drivers and car renters fill up. They may have some beer selection there. Not sure what brands or how much. Don't go looking for the BIG BEER brews from the US. Most likely you'll find Dos Equis, Corona, Bohemia, Tecate, et.al.. Working class islanders may know where to find Victoria (4%) or Leon or Montejo (cans). At Covi, you may find some Mexican craft beer from the Yucaton brewers like Cerveceria Primus out of Mexico City or Cerveceria Minerva out of Guadalajara.

• 1 year later...
Three best places to look for beer (primarily Mexican beer) are the Mega Store and Chedraui gocery store on Rafael Melgar before the main part of San Miguel and Covi Liquors in San Miguel. There is a gas station and small convenience store across from Puerta Maya, where many taxi drivers and car renters fill up. They may have some beer selection there. Not sure what brands or how much. Don't go looking for the BIG BEER brews from the US. Most likely you'll find Dos Equis, Corona, Bohemia, Tecate, et.al.. Working class islanders may know where to find Victoria (4%) or Leon or Montejo (cans). At Covi, you may find some Mexican craft beer from the Yucaton brewers like Cerveceria Primus out of Mexico City or Cerveceria Minerva out of Guadalajara.

great info...would we be able to walk from Puerta Maya? our plan is to sit at the little beach area and have some drinks. last cruise we bought a bottle of crown in the port shop and ended up drinking the whole thing SMH. this time we're gonna find beer :D

There is a large liquor store inside PM as well as one in the shops you walk thru on your way back to the ship. We were there in December and I thought they sold beer. They have good prices on tequila but not sure about anything else.

they used to sell beer but when we were there a few weeks ago they no longer sold it...i checked the pharmacy too LOL no luck