Ultimate dining package - pros / cons

trex-de

• 1 month later...

Just back from Breakaway. No issues with UDP. Most of the restaurants had open tables. We added our son at the door at Cagney's one night with no issues. Changed from one restaurant to another - no problems.

Each meal took about 1.5 hrs or a bit more. Never felt abandoned.

We loved it. Very disappointed they are going a la cart. Bye bye specialty for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from Breakaway. No issues with UDP. Most of the restaurants had open tables. We added our son at the door at Cagney's one night with no issues. Changed from one restaurant to another - no problems.

Each meal took about 1.5 hrs or a bit more. Never felt abandoned.

We loved it. Very disappointed they are going a la cart. Bye bye specialty for us.

If it was so great, why wouldn't you do it again with SDP, which covers the à la carte restaurants? Obviously you can say bye bye if you want and no one would care but you, but based on your above comments, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

We had the UDP on our July 3rd cruise on the Dawn. I made a week's worth of reservations before we left. I screwed up and missed a day and thought we had reservations for Teppanyaki and we didn't. Our concierge was able to get us in to La Cucina, which was fine because we liked the food and the staff. The times definitely filled up quickly. Moderno almost always had openings (we never ate there) and La Cucina was easier to get into than some of the others.

My one grip I mentioned before was that DD didn't come to dinner at Teppanyaki with us because we only could make reservations for 4 or 2, not 5. When we got there, a group of 4 completely no-showed, so DD could have come with us. If you're going to schedule a dinner, be there. Have the courtesy to cancel so that someone else who wants the reservation can take it. I was miffed about that one.