Seating at Main Dining

CALYMO

I am just curious

My family of four is sailing on the Fantasy in a few short weeks :) I was wondering if we would be sure to have a table by ourselves or would we be seated with other people?

On if you asked for a table by yourselves.

How big your party is?

Others having the same/similar requests.

If you want to sit by yourselves and you are not, then talk to the head server and see if it is possible. Seems like they try to accommodate for the most part. However, be aware if your sailing is full and others had their requests in earlier/they have a more pressing need for whatever reason, I think allergies have been brought up before, then you may be out of luck. Disney does at least try to seat you with other guests your age and with kids around your kids age, from what I have read.

We have always had our own table, but we ask when we make our reservation. :)

We've sailed with DCL 4 times and we've usually requested that our party of 4 or 5 sit on our own when we made our reservation. They say they can't promise anything but each time it was granted. One time we forgot to mention it during our reservation and realized it when we went to dinner that first night. We discreetly talked to the host who after checking things was able to get us a table on our own, no questions asked.

We're a friendly enough group but I really look forward to a family dinner with just our family.

Make a request now if you haven't done so already but if not, on the day of embarkation, you'll be able to go to the dining reservations area and request it there without any issues.

Have fun!

Thanks so much - as a result of your post I sent an email to my TA and he said he put the request in and all is good.

Excellent! If I were you, I would also go to the designated dining reservation area when you get on the ship and just confirm that you are in fact sitting on your own. Disney can't technically 'guarantee' anything based on a request through a TA but you know they'll do whatever they can to make it happen. It's just much easier for them to do ahead of time rather than when you show up for dinner on that first night :cool:

I am just curious

My family of four is sailing on the Fantasy in a few short weeks :) I was wondering if we would be sure to have a table by ourselves or would we be seated with other people?

I'm not a big social person by nature and I thought I wanted a table by myself, but my first Disney cruise we really enjoyed the company of our dinnermates. They were the same approximate age and had a child of the same approximate age. It was their first Disney cruise experience as well, and it was interesting to have someone to chat with and share little bits of knowledge.

We've done it both ways....and frankly, both ways are usually good. We've taken a "pot luck" assignment twice that resulted in friendships that have continued thru other cruises, on FB, etc. On the other hand, there are those times when we'd rather be "just us."

As above, turn in your request in advance, then check with "Dining changes" after boarding to be sure your request was met. This is FAR preferable to showing up the first night with a request.

On our honeymoon in 2013 we requested a table for 2 and got it. It might have also been due to the time of year. It was mid September and there were lots of tables that were not full. Our waiter told us that the ship was not filled to capacity.

In December 2014 we did not request a table for 2, but ended up with a table of 6. We loved them! We had two other couples about our age and we were all current or past DCL honeymooners. We still keep in touch!

For our upcoming however, I have requested a table for 4 (my DH and my parents).

With a party of 4, you have a good chance of having a table to yourselves, that being said, definitely go to Triton's to check up on your table arrangement as soon as you board the ship (the location of the main maitre'd may vary, listen to announcements and read the daily navigator). Ask to see how they've arranged your seating and if you're displeased, politely request a table for yourselves.

We will have 6 adults and 4 kids. Is there a table that large?

The standard table sizes are 4, 6, and 8 but they will make a bigger table by placing smaller ones together. Yes, if you have linked your reservations for dining, you will all be seated together.

We will have 6 adults and 4 kids. Is there a table that large?

Well, there isn't a single table that seats 10, but they will put two tables together to seat 10. Some of the MDRs have a large table that seats 10-14. You might get that table. Don't know what ship you're going on, but it's generally the Dream & Fantasy that have that single large table in one of the MDRs.