Sailing Info

Generally the Med is smoother than the Atlantic. I don't know if it is as smooth as the Inside Passage but unless you happen to be on a cruise that hits a bad storm sea conditions shouldn't be a concern.

Have a great next cruise.

we sailed the med last September; no problems from London to Rome.

but before accepting any generalizations, you might want to look at weather information for the month you're sailing. When we were checking in for our embarkation, a woman said she sailed on Oceania in April and the seas were very rough so maybe - just maybe - the answer is "it depends". Also you might want to refer this question to a well-versed cruise travel agent who should have an opinion on what months might be better/worse than others.

We have had mixed conditions in the Med on cruises we have sailed. Some times we have never seen a wave, others people have actually been rolled out of bed . Agree with the othe posters, check the weather around when you sail. The sea can be very unpredictable.

I would recommend avoiding cruises that leave from the UK in that case - as I think quite a few of RCL's do. If you do a UK to Europe cruise, it means crossing the Bay of Biscay and that can be a bit unpredictable. Most of the time the Med is a pretty calm. I would tend to avoid May and late Oct/Nov when you're more likely to have rougher seas.

Archived