Emerald Princess/Tunis

newparks

[quote name='newparks']:confused:

I'm on that cruise, when I checked this morning it still showed Tunis, I checked after reading your comment and yes, it has been changed to Salerno.
Do you think we will still leave from Istanbul?? Also, do you think this is why the significant price drop?:confused:[/QUOTE]

What kind of price drop?

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']What kind of price drop?[/QUOTE]

We now have a Balcony for less than we were paying for an OBV. We had to cancel and rebook, but the only thing we lost was $25 in OBC. check the Princess website to see the new fares,

Went back to the Princess Site this morning, and yes they have changed it from another stop at Malta to Salerno. Note, this is Salerno Italy, not Sicily. THis is a great move, IMHO, because Salerno is on the Amalfi Coast, but further East than Poisitano, and seldom visited by cruise ships. I give credit where it is due..WAY TO GO PRINCESS !!!:)

[quote name='jacksonwayne']For those of you on Emerald Princess 14 Day Aug 29 sailing , Tunis has been replaced with a second stop at Malta.Two stops at the same port within 5 days isn't real cool for us passengers, and I don't think Princess went out of their way to come up with something better, but it beats a sea day I guess. I can't fault them for being cautious, nor would I, just seems there are better alternatives. Having checked the harbor listings for other cruise ships arriving /departing on the same day, there were other alternative stops in the same area (Corsica/Sardinia).[/QUOTE]

The September 7th stop is now Salerno, Italy. Please check your cruise personalizer.

I noticed a huge price drop on our July 4 from Rome cruise. Not sure if it's because people weren't booking due to the planned Tunisia stop, or if they've cancelled because of the change? Either way - I'm happy... have been wanting to see Amalfi Coast and got a huge OBC as a courtesy from Princess.

If anyone was planning to be on our cruise (July 4, from Rome) we have now booked a Rome In Limo tour for Alamafi Coast, Positano and Ravello. The more the merrier, feel free to join us!

[url]https://www.romeinlimotoursharing.com/prenota.php?ig=2540&it=22&tname=Amalfi%20Coast,%20Positano,%20Amalfi%20&%20Ravello&pname=port%20of%20naples%20/%20salerno[/url]

[quote name='VirtualRain']Why are you sure it will be cancelled? We're on an Emerald cruise scheduled to stop there June 11th and it hasn't been cancelled even though the stop earlier in June was cancelled immediately after the March incident.

I'm guessing we're a go for June 11th barring no further incidents. I suspect that the earlier stop that was cancelled was more for optics than it was because Tunis is now unsafe. If anything, Tunis is probably safer now than its been in recent history because security is probably more alert and diligent. I don't know. I just think that if Princes was going to cancel all stops there, they would have done that right away. Waiting is not going to make anything more or less certain about the risk is it?[/QUOTE]

As noted they are changing, putting a large amount of people on the streets with more weapons in a third world country does not make it any safer from another attack. :rolleyes:

[quote name='newparks']We now have a Balcony for less than we were paying for an OBV. We had to cancel and rebook, but the only thing we lost was $25 in OBC. check the Princess website to see the new fares,[/QUOTE]

More savings is a good thing. :D