Breakaway cabin BX/10276

smartinm

Has anyone sailed on this cabin or category?

Any pictures or reviews? I looked at the old thread with the spreadsheet but I cant' find any information of the 10th floor BXs

Also, is the Getaway the same as the Breakaway cabin wise? Can I used the same spreadsheet to look at the cabins?

We were in 10276 last July on Breakaway.

Getaway is the twin sister ship to Breakaway so yes to the spreadsheet. Bed by closet.

Great stateroom. Great location. Around the corner from the aft elevators/stairs and easy to avoid the narrow hallways.

Balcony was angled and much larger than the standard balconies. We watched the fireworks on our balcony.

Hope this helps.

Have a great cruise!

Great! We are very excited, I just upgraded to a balcony cause I was worried about the size of the oceanview, so I bit the bullet. Haha Hopefully the bed by the closet isn't too annoying haha

Thanks so much!!!

(asked about the Getaway since I'm helping my parents book theirs, and the spreadsheet is great!)

We did not find it too windy on the balcony at all. Not sure when you are sailing since I can't see signatures, but it wasn't a problem last July. We left NYC two days after Hurricane Arthur and with some high waves and warm weather we really enjoyed our balcony. Don't be worried about it at all.

Since I cruise with my son our beds were separated and the space between my bed was annoying.

Breakaway is a great ship. Have a blast.

We will be back on in November.

Edited by meatball_nyc

I was in the starboard version of it last year, 10876, and it was perfection. The angled balconies are great for that little bit of extra room you get, the cabin is in a great location on the ship, and it never got too noisy from the staors and elevators or too rocky from the ocean. I tried to grab the same cabin as last year, but couldn't.

I did get 10276, though, and laughed a little when I saw this thread just now and knew exavtly who would be answering questions. Meatball_nyc, I'm seriously thinking I might do the "get a drink upstairs and then sail away party on my balcony" thing since I'll have such a great view going out. My boyfriend really wanted to see the statue of liberty last year, so we missed the entire city. Aside from getting sick, that's the one thing I'd change from my cruise last year. Can't wait to sail in this fabulous cabin!

• 1 year later...

We had both the front facing angled balcony and the rear facing. We found the front facing one to be a bit windy on sea days,but the rear facing one was perfect in fact we have the same cabin for our next cruise.

20160310_110213.jpgbal.jpg.225cb28ae6713154c57ba0dd63eaf163.jpg hope this worked.