day downtown, wheres best place to park?

girlsjustwannacruise

Soooo... heres what I am trying to figure out.

We are staying in Metaire and I plan to drive to downtown for the day for some first time in N.O. sight seeing. I need to know where is a great place to park that is a decent price and where we can catch a streetcar.

I have researched the crap out of this and I just can not figure this out on my own. any help would be so appreciated, you don't even know!!!

There are parking lots in front of the Riverwalk next to the Convention Center. (I don't remember the cost). From there you are walking distance to everything in the French Quarter and Arts District. Walk a few blocks up Canal Street to St Charles (Right across from where Bourbon Street meets Canal) and catch the streetcar to the Garden District and Uptown.

• 2 weeks later...

We just used premium parking yesterday. We did the lot at 535 Chartres. It was very close to the Jackson square area. It was $15 to park for the day and I was able to make a reservation online ahead of time. I would recommend it!