Celebrity Passages open booking transfer to T/A delay. What's the holdup?

jerseyblue

I have a Celebrity Passages open booking from a 2010 cruise we took that I am trying to use to book a cruise with a travel agent. We completed the Celebrity booking transfer form and got it over to Celebrity via fax, and regular mail around January 12. It is now March 25 (72 days later) and they still have not transferred the booking over to the travel agent. Repeated sending the form over two or three times and a few phone calls... still nothing. Has anyone had a similar situation? Am I missing something here? Why is this such a lengthy process? Is it because I want to transfer it to my travel agent?

Any help or advice would be appreciated... Thank you.

Edited by jerseyblue

This happened to me using a RC open certificate from 2013. They would not transfer the booking because it was more than 60 days. The clock started when we bought the certificate. It is probably the same situation with you.

I have a Celebrity Passages open booking from a 2010 cruise we took that I am trying to use to book a cruise with a travel agent. We completed the Celebrity booking transfer form and got it over to Celebrity via fax, and regular mail around January 12. It is now March 25 (72 days later) and they still have not transferred the booking over to the travel agent. Repeated sending the form over two or three times and a few phone calls... still nothing. Has anyone had a similar situation? Am I missing something here? Why is this such a lengthy process? Is it because I want to transfer it to my travel agent?

Any help or advice would be appreciated... Thank you.

jeseryblue,

Did you give your TA the Open Paasage cert with the actual booking number they must use in booking a cruise?

I had a Open Passage cert from 2012, I used it for a cruise I booked in the fall of 2013. My TA was a brick and mortar agent in another state. I emailed her the Open passage cert. I filled out the transfer form which she eamiled me. It took one day for the whole porcess.

I think the 60 days refers to the time after the actuall booking a cruise whether on board or later with a open passage cert.

IN both cases the same booking number must be used to get the perks that come with the ceritifcate.

Good luck, I would keep talking ot your TA.

Contact your TA and they should assist you. I have had difficulty the last time and the reaso was that I was using either a old form or not the right one. The TA took my info and was able to do it.

You may also find that some of the OBC amounts have been changed and you will probably be affect by it.

One thing to adress when making the "new" booking is to ask for the one category upgrade that Captain Club members get. You have to request for it when making the booking.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Just contacted Celebrity and things are moving along.. Not sure why there was no notification to T/A or myself. Lack of communication and need for some clarification...

Thanks for all the responses. Lessons learned