Viking Longship Odin Electrical outlet question

zhuskers1

We will be sailing on the Viking Longship Odin in about 1 month. We are staying in a Veranda Stateroom A cabin.

Question: Is there an outlet by the bed? I utilize a CPAP when I sleep and need to know if i need to bring an extension cord.

Any other pointers for this ship would also be appreciated!!!!

Thanks you!!!

Just off a Viking long ship in a veranda A cabin. The cabin arrangement was excellent. On either side of the bed there is a nightstand with 2 outlets..110v and 220v. The side of the bed near the window has a larger nightstand. There are also outlets on the the long shelf on the wall near the foot of the bed. I requested in advance distilled water which Viking supplied without a fee. It was in the cabin when we arrived. Bottled water is also available in cabins and plastic individual bottles are given out on each tour. My experience was good. I also wrote to the Viking hotel in Paris (St. James Albany)requesting distilled water for the CPAP.. However, on the Viking booked extension in Paris, there was no distilled water or complimentary bottled water. No 110v outlets or convertor plugs. I did bring a power strip and convertor plugs which were used in the hotel. Hotel told me that I could buy bottled water. We went to Carrefour on Rue Honore and bought bottled water. They did not have distilled water. Viking experience was very good. The Paris extension experience was not like the Viking experience.

Note: The Odin is one of the first longships, and unless it has been upgraded, it will have only one 110 outlet at the bed, on one side or the other. We sailed on the Idun, which was launched at the same time as the Odin, the first two longships. The next longships launched did have some nice additions, which included that additional outlet at the bedside. And, I did purchase a mini-power strip at the Dollar Store. Takes up very little space in the luggage, but does afford an extra outlet if needed. ;)

I would bear in mind that if you are staying in a pre- or postcruise hotel that you may need an adapter and a converter depending upon your electronics/appliances. Although most phones, tablets, cameras, etc will convert from 110 to 220, so charging will only require the adapter to plug them into the outlet in the hotel, other appliances like a curling iron or flat iron may require a converter unless you are sure it says 110/220.

Happy cruising!

Becki

Good luck, zhuskers1, you'll have no power problem given the location of the 110 outlet by the bed.

BTW, I did use our upcoming May journey onboard the LS Vidar to upgrade from a CPAP to a new dental appliance to increase the airway opening and airflow. It's fully medicare covered and light years ahead of the CPAP I'd used.

Just one more question about the 110v outlets in the cabins.

Are they two-prong or three-prong?

I just unwittingly bought a Chromebook that has a three-prong plug on the charging apparatus--ARRGH!--and will have to search for an adapter of some sort if all they have on board are two-prong outlets.

Thanks in advance.

Just one more question about the 110v outlets in the cabins.

Are they two-prong or three-prong?

I just unwittingly bought a Chromebook that has a three-prong plug on the charging apparatus--ARRGH!--and will have to search for an adapter of some sort if all they have on board are two-prong outlets.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that you can get a very inexpensive adapter at any hardware store.

Thank you all for your answer.

I did get an answer on another thread. The outlets on the Longships are 3-prong grounded outlets.

(I also decided to return the Chromebook because it isn't appreciably lighter than the old "notebook" that I currently have--which is why I bought the thing in the first place.)