Finally got a call to upgrade, and I did it!!

dogchopper

My husband and I are booked on the Dream on May 17th. We booked the cheapest interior guarantee we could get and last night I got a call from carnival ... I was so excited when I saw that 305 area code ! They offered us a balcony for 150 each more. I don't know if it's a GREAT deal but I've been watching prices for a white and it looks like it's about 100-150 less than we would pay if we booked it ourselves that way so... We took it :D we have friends on going on the cruise with us and their interior was not much cheaper than our balcony so we figured it was a good deal?

I'm so excited!! I've never had a balcony on a carnival ship !!! I sure hope it's worth the extra money !,

My husband and I are booked on the Dream on May 17th. We booked the cheapest interior guarantee we could get and last night I got a call from carnival ... I was so excited when I saw that 305 area code ! They offered us a balcony for 150 each more. I don't know if it's a GREAT deal but I've been watching prices for a white and it looks like it's about 100-150 less than we would pay if we booked it ourselves that way so... We took it :D we have friends on going on the cruise with us and their interior was not much cheaper than our balcony so we figured it was a good deal?

I'm so excited!! I've never had a balcony on a carnival ship !!! I sure hope it's worth the extra money !,

Every cruise Carol and I have been on, save 1, has included a balcony. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It is nice to sit out there while the other gets reading for evening activities. It is nice sitting out there at night and watching/hearing interesting things in the water. It is also nice to know that you have a place to go that is quiet if the ship is too much for you. In the morning, go get your breakfast plate and your specialty coffee and then eat together on the balcony...nice way to start every day!

Every cruise Carol and I have been on, save 1, has included a balcony. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It is nice to sit out there while the other gets reading for evening activities. It is nice sitting out there at night and watching/hearing interesting things in the water. It is also nice to know that you have a place to go that is quiet if the ship is too much for you. In the morning, go get your breakfast plate and your specialty coffee and then eat together on the balcony...nice way to start every day!

I loved the balcony I had on a RC ship, but we only got it due to a massive price drop and a LOT of arguing .. This cruise has been going up in price so ther was no chance of a free upgrade...

I can't wait to eat breakfast on my balcony!!

I'm so excited for you!!! There's nothing like getting an upgrade!!!

Going from the cheapest room to a balcony must feel amazing! I hope you enjoy every minute you spend on your balcony!

I'm pretty excited about it!!:D. And our friend we are traveling with is in the blackjack tournament, he said if he wins he will pay for our cruise... So, I'm hoping for a free cruse!!!!

I couldn't imagine going on a cruise without a balcony. Having a cup of awful room service coffee out on the balcony, watching the water go by or the sights at the port while waking up and trying to be functional.

While my girlfriend is getting ready or I just need away from the crowds of people, I still have my relaxing ocean view.

I thought the 300 for the upgrade was a pretty decent deal !

I usually go cheap on cruises and book early saver I hopes to get upgrades or OBC but this cruise was kind if a last minute thing. I had a cruise booked in February and has to cancel it so when our friends decided to go on this one we just jumped right in!, I think the balcony is gonna make it well worth it!!:cool:

congratulations dogchopper! I have never had the pleasure of a balcony stateroom yet, but hope to some day.

I cruise mostly solo now, so am not likely to get such a good deal, but who knows. But given the offer you got, I would have gone for it.:)

Enjoy:)

congratulations dogchopper! I have never had the pleasure of a balcony stateroom yet, but hope to some day.

I cruise mostly solo now, so am not likely to get such a good deal, but who knows. But given the offer you got, I would have gone for it.:)

Enjoy:)

Thanks!! I hope that one day you get to have a balcony !!