Quantum class dining

BZEKE

Looking at booking the anthem and was wondering how they are modifying the dinning on Quantum. We have a group of 10 and like the MDR. Does anyone know if everyone is changing dinning rooms? also are there large tables for 10.

Thanks in advance for the info

Bob

Looking at booking the anthem and was wondering how they are modifying the dinning on Quantum. We have a group of 10 and like the MDR. Does anyone know if everyone is changing dinning rooms? also are there large tables for 10.

Thanks in advance for the info

Bob

There are no Main Dining Rooms on Quantum or Anthem. In their place there are a number of complimentary dining venues each with its own menu (which also includes some "classic" offerings common to all venues. The original Dynamic Dining formula allows you to choose when and where you will dine each evening (reservations suggested) and you will have different servers in each venue. However, with the newly announced Classic Dynamic Dining system, you have a choice of two seatings (6:15 and 8:15,I believe) and assigned tablemates. The same wait staff will serve you and accompany you as you rotate among the various complimentary venues.

From what I observed when dining on Quantum there are a number of table configurations available in each of the venues, so it is possible that a table for 10 can be accommodated. I also believe that if you are not interested in dining in any particular dining venue, you can opt out for that evening and choose to eat in another one or in the Windjammer or one of the "for an added fee" specialty restaurants.

Not sure exactly when the new system will go into effect, but I am sure we will be reading more about it when it begins.

Our experience with Dynamic Dining was mostly positive and I especially liked a number of the menu items in each venue so that I could dine in the same venue more than once without having to repeat my menu selection.

I'm booked at Anthem April 30, 2015 - here you will have the choice of Dynamic Dining Classic at either 6:00 or 8:30 or Dynamic Dining Choice. I have only expierenced the Choice version at Quantum and will definitely go for Dynamic Dining Choice at my Anthem Cruise in April.

Dynamic Dining Classic is for guests who prefer the traditional main dining style. Classic accommodates diners in a choice of early or late seating, giving you the chance to experience a preset lineup of our complimentary main restaurants. You get the convenience of the same dining time each night, with the same wait staff and dining companions at your table throughout the cruise. Dynamic Dining Classic has limited availability.

Dynamic Dining Choice gives you the freedom to follow your appetite as you pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Distinctive venues feature menus that change throughout the cruise, with guest favorites and new specialty dishes to ensure everyone at the table will find their own satisfying path. Whether you sample a different experience each night or even return to the same restaurant again and again, you'll find new and tantalizing selections to indulge in every time.

This is a short introduction to the dining rooms at Quantum of the Seas (same as for Anthem):

[YOUTUBE]Vf0Ou8LMdK0[/YOUTUBE]

I've spoke to someone recently who kicked up a fuss about the dynamic dining prior to sailing and managed to get classic dining each night but not sure if that's the same restaurant every night or changing each night

If you book the same table at the same time for the entire cruise - either in the same restaurant or in different, it's a sort of classic dining. For sure possible.