Vancouver Pan Pacific Pre-cruise package??s

janmcn

... my DW, our 2 granddaughters and I stayed in a "Premier Corner Double Room" at the Pan Pacific Hotel 2 days pre-cruise and 1 day post-cruise last June, and our total bill (including taxes and about $120 in restaurant charges) was $806.28 US, or about $230 per night for the room ... when our TA got these prices for us, I was not at all surprised, as she is constantly finding truly outstanding deals for us ...

Rod

Because of the Olympics a few years ago Vancouver put a light rail line to the airport. It is now fast and inexpensive to get from the airport to the downtown using this line. It has a stop right at the waterfront by the Fairmont/PP hotels. It also stops near the hotels like the Hyatt. If you can roll your luggage it is a great option with frequent trains.

SO many helpful hints! I thank everyone who has responded with all of them!

The rail will definitely be out for family with all the luggage, ages, etc...but it's nice to know about.

Also interesting to know the wide gamut of prices people have paid at the PP. Given that I can try to get my TA to get 'a good deal" when the bookings come out.

Don't forget about the Fairmont Pacific Rim if you want to be close to the cruise terminal. It is a glorious hotel and is by far my most, and a lot of people's most, favourite hotel in Vancouver. It was built just in time for the Olympics and is 1 block from the cruise terminal. Lovely place to stay. Way nicer than the Pan Pacific. Also, the Fairmont Waterfront (across the road from the PP) has just undergone an extensive update and is lovely too.

I found an excellent price there on the hotel's website. It did not include the transfer from the airport, but that's only about $50 Canadian. So just add $50 to the hotel price to see if the HAL price is a good deal. In our case, the HAL price was nearly $300 and we paid $169+$50.

That is about the price we paid..$169 , AAA rate with breakfast buffet.

The great thing about the airport in Vancouver is that right outside the baggage claim is a kiosk and they will flag a limo or taxi right there for you. So convenient.

The worse part of that trip to get to Vancouver for the cruise, was flying Air Canada...horrible experience and we will never fly them again:mad:

I have also stayed at both the Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront. Would strongly suggest yup make your own reservations (and early!) . Both hotels are wonderful. The Fairmont also will pick up your luggage and deliver it to the ship..at no extra cost. You won't be disappointed at either hotel. The Fairmont's entrance is on the corner..you just need to cross the street at the signal and you're there!

Because of the Olympics a few years ago Vancouver put a light rail line to the airport. It is now fast and inexpensive to get from the airport to the downtown using this line. It has a stop right at the waterfront by the Fairmont/PP hotels. It also stops near the hotels like the Hyatt. If you can roll your luggage it is a great option with frequent trains.

The rail will definitely be out for family with all the luggage, ages, etc...but it's nice to know about.
Love the train... not with luggage. Taxi is much more practical at $35 a carload.

Train station is a 2 block walk from the hotels w/ luggage and you need to navigate the elevator and fare machines. Don't forget the $5 surcharge for each passenger leaving the airport.