Best time to book a cruise with Cunard

jules57

What I would say from this is that the experience from these pages of what has happened in previous years, may not happen this year or next year. I think the recession is easing in the UK and the late deals here may not be around in the same way. Book when you are happy and don't worry about cheaper deals that others may get later. After all, the others may end up missing out on a holiday of a lifetime.
Wise words :) .

...What I would say from this is that the experience from these pages of what has happened in previous years, may not happen this year or next year. I think the recession is easing in the UK and the late deals here may not be around in the same way. Book when you are happy and don't worry about cheaper deals that others may get later...

So true this year with the strong US dollar that makes it attractive for Americans to travel overseas but has the opposite effect on visitors to the States. When somebody asks for "booking advice" or "booking strategy" I take that to read, "What is the sweet spot before sailing that offers the lowest prices and best stateroom availability?" Too many variables to give a specific answer.

Can anyone answer the question.when is the best time to book a cruise with Cunard?

I have lost track....

I don't think you will get a better answer than the one quoted below. Sage advice backed up with recent experience of current trends.

I would agree with others who say book the cruise when you see it at a price you can afford, and don't look back.

I have been planning a cruise, sharing with a friend. I saw it at a price I could just afford on Monday (2 days ago). However, the room rate was three times what I paid for the equivalent last year on a special single rate so I hesitated. Today I looked and the saver fare is no longer there. Balconies are almost booked out, when they showed a lot of availability on Monday.

What I would say from this is that the experience from these pages of what has happened in previous years, may not happen this year or next year. I think the recession is easing in the UK and the late deals here may not be around in the same way. Book when you are happy and don't worry about cheaper deals that others may get later. After all, the others may end up missing out on a holiday of a lifetime.

M-AR

As I said on a previous thread with a similar subject, the moment I hear someone boasting to all about the low price of their fare, the hot deal they got, how clever they've been... and in a loud voice tell everyone how little money they parted with... my immediate response is to say (in a caring, concerned and deeply worried voice)...

"as much as that?" ;)

Thank you, Pepper. It hasn't happened yet, but if I encounter such comments I will quote your brilliant response.