De Rotterdam Steam Ship

CathyK2

We will be sailing on the Rotterdam, out of Rotterdam and I understand that there is an older Rotterdam ship that has tours. Has anyone taken any of the tours and is it possible to drop our luggage off in the morning for our sailing to Norway on our Rotterdam ship and then go over to the "museum???" of Rotterdam and take an hour tour, then go back and wait to get on our sailing? I know this may be terribly confusing with so many "Rotterdams" in this, but hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about.

I've done something similar - see the link in my signature - but on the assumption that you're staying overnight in or near Rotterdam for the night before your cruise, I would highly recommend that you do what we did and stay on board the ss Rotterdam (V) that night as well as touring the ship. You need much more than an hour to see the ship properly, and even though we had stayed overnight and we devoted our morning to seeing the ship, we still felt that we had to cut our exploration slightly short in order to get over to the cruise terminal in time for our cruise.

If the long-term car parking arrangement is still the same as it was for us, you'd be able then to use the shuttle from there to the cruise terminal to check-in for your cruise.

I did exactly the same thing as Globaliser suggests on a sailing a few years ago from Rotterdam. ss Rotterdam (V) is a very worthwhile experience for an overnight stay, even perhaps more so for me as I had sailed on several wonderful cruises on her. Many would consider her to be the pinnacle of HAL ships. If you have time at the pier, also wander thru the Hotel New York (former HAL headquarters), it still has very much an HAL flavor.

Sadly, I've already booked my prepaid, non refundable hotel, so it won't make sense to toss that away. And we won't be getting to Rotterdam until late. To be honest, I didn't even know this was here, so I'm sure I sound like I'm in the dark ages. So basically yes, what I can do in the morning, will have to be it this trip. What is the earliest we can check luggage for the cruise and is the ship to tour walkable from where we sail out?