Enchantment Chartered 9/14/15?

Just re-booked for Sept. 7th

Cabin 7666 $200 OBC in addition to the $75 OBC and paid gratuities that I already had

Great cabin...........I have had it..........LOVE the balcony!

I was afraid it might be chartered when all of a sudden it showed sold out.

Today, I noticed my booking # had disappeared. Since "someone" forgot to write it down, I called RCI today to get it. The agent asked for everything except for a blood sample before she would give me my booking #.

Great.....now here we go....starting all over. Thank goodness I'm flexible with my dates!

Just re-booked for Sept. 7th

Cabin 7666 $200 OBC in addition to the $75 OBC and paid gratuities that I already had

I just got the email from RCCL this afternoon. Originally had Rm 7166. By the time I called the redeployment line, no corner JS were available until Oct 12. Ended up booking 7168 on Sep 7th as well. Wife is extremely upset about not sailing on the 14th as the 15th is our anniversary. Guess we'll have to try again next year!

Also, no early dinner times available. Got the 8:30 dinner and put on waiting list for early dinner. Only other option was MyTime with prepaid gratuity which I don't like to do.

It is chartered....:(

Sorry you all have to go thru this.........In fact,happened to me a few years back too:(

I'm so sorry for those of you who are affected.

While I understand cruise lines like charters because they're very lucrative, I do wish consumers had some reassurance that their ship wouldn't be chartered after a certain date. Once passengers have started booking air transportation and locking in vacation time changes get complicated. To me this is an area where passengers need some rights. I don't think it's reasonable to charter a ship for a cruise that's only 5 months away.:( JMO.

I'm so sorry for those of you who are affected.

While I understand cruise lines like charters because they're very lucrative, I do wish consumers had some reassurance that their ship wouldn't be chartered after a certain date. Once passengers have started booking air transportation and locking in vacation time changes get complicated. To me this is an area where passengers need some rights. I don't think it's reasonable to charter a ship for a cruise that's only 5 months away.:( JMO.

I would agree, but people would disagree on what the time period should be -- what would you say is fair -- 6 months prior to sail date or 7,8, or 9.

Not that our opinion is going to change the way cruise lines do it.

I would agree, but people would disagree on what the time period should be -- what would you say is fair -- 6 months prior to sail date or 7,8, or 9.

Not that our opinion is going to change the way cruise lines do it.

I think they should listen to us!:D

I would say 9 months, which is when flight schedules open up, but the cruise lines would never agree!:rolleyes:

I think they should listen to us!:D

I would say 9 months, which is when flight schedules open up, but the cruise lines would never agree!:rolleyes:

Royal probably feels that as long as it is 'well before' final payment date, they are giving cruisers plenty of time. Final payment date is 75 days prior to cruise....so 5 months or approximately 150 days, they feel is more than adequate -- 9 months would be unrealistic to expect at all. I could see a 6 month window -- yet we know, nothing is really going to change...no matte what WE believe they should do.

We were able to transfer to the 7th and got a good cabin on deck 4 outside starboard in the new section. Our brick and mortar TA found out from us when I set up an appointment for this morning. Our friends were not able to get their usual corner JS but did get an aft one. Very lucky.

Thanks to CC for all the good feedback as usual!

We were able to transfer to the 7th and got a good cabin on deck 4 outside starboard in the new section. Our brick and mortar TA found out from us when I set up an appointment for this morning. Our friends were not able to get their usual corner JS but did get an aft one. Very lucky.

Thanks to CC for all the good feedback as usual!

Ian and Linda - I was happy with our new cabin on the 9/7 sailing as well. There seemed to still be a lot of cabins available.

I just noticed that we're sailing together again on Serenade in November. Can't wait for that one - it's our "we're retired!" celebration cruise!

Anne