Photo Package

doofus

I have been reading about this pre-order photo package being $50 cheaper than when you buy it on board. I am planning to get the CD with all the prints.

Where can I order this photo package before sailing? Is it on the Disney website? Can anyone share the link or direct me to it?

If I order the CD + prints package and decided later that I need to change the package, I can do that, right?

Thanks.

Ling

I have been reading about this pre-order photo package being $50 cheaper than when you buy it on board. I am planning to get the CD with all the prints.

Where can I order this photo package before sailing? Is it on the Disney website? Can anyone share the link or direct me to it?

If I order the CD + prints package and decided later that I need to change the package, I can do that, right?

Thanks.

Ling

It's on the DCL website. Hover on the "Planning Center" tab and click on "In-Room gifts".

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

There you select your port of departure and click "Go". It's the "My Cruise Photos" option.

Yes, as long as you make the change by the last full day of the cruise.

Thank you for the web link.

Does this sound correct? $295 for digital and $395 CD + prints? Is it cheaper to get it now? Are their prints better then we can print them at home? Is it worth the extra $100 to get all the prints?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ling

7 night cruise? Sounds about right although they have obviously raised the price of the prints since our last cruise.

It depends on how many photos you have taken. We saw a couple of teens who decided to "break the record" for photos on a 1 week cruise. They had well over 400! BUT they spent their entire vacation getting into every character line, etc. to get pictures.

I don't think the prints are any better than you can do with professional equipment at home. BUT how much does it cost to go to the local place with professional equipment and have one printed? Better than at home? Depends on what you have at home, but in general yes. $400 for photos...that's a lot of money. BUT if you have a couple of kids, etc. it would save you from carrying around your own camera.

If you want to save money, there are very few places where a CM won't happily take family shots with your camera. Not the shutter's people...but the character attendants.

We were looking at the photo package and decided not to do it, and rather bring our own cameras. Compared to WDW, I was disappointed with how few photographers there were onboard and how few total pictures we got. It seemed like they were only present for "events" like character greets and none that I could see roaming around or taking pictures outside of Remy/Palo, or roaming around Castaway.

If we decided to do a Disney cruise where we intend to stand in every line and get every possible picture it could be worth it. But any non-staged shots of families and people around the ship just didn't match my observation.

They do roam the beach at Castaway and do photos in Remy and Palo, but they rarely roam around the ship doing random shots. You are right, outside Remy and Palo would be a great spot.

Also, if they are booked for a wedding/vow renewal, etc. at Castaway, that's one less person doing "random" shots there.

We have never bought the package. We don't have kids, so we don't have a ton of professional photos taken. I think the 8x10 photos were about $20 last time. We usually just pick one or 2 we really like and buy those. I do wish you could request what size you want. I'd much rather have a 5x7 vs an 8x10. :(

Are their prints better then we can print them at home? Is it worth the extra $100 to get all the prints?

Ling

If your asking if their prints are on proper photo paper with a high quality industrial photo printer vs. your home PC printer, then yes.

If you are asking if the quality of their prints vs. having them printed by a professional photo printer from the CD, then no.

With the CD you can have them made to whatever size you wish rather than their standard size and put on any media you wish..

ex techie

The other nice thing is that even though you pay in advance, you can cancel up until the last night of the cruise and receive a full refund. So, if you check out your pics on the kiosk and you've not impressed, you're not stuck getting them.