Room Service No Longer Free - NCL Starts $7.95 Charge Per Order

doggfan7

this is from the OP on the ship as well! he tried to address it. no go!

another reason why "we" were upset because they were not issuing a refund!!!

Knowing NCL and the way they are so accommodating and giving for those with an issue, I find this very, very strange and certainly not their normal MO. Edited by NLH Arizona

yeea first review in from getaway last week!

$4.95 plus 18% gratuity...on room service ....say it ain't sooo!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::eek:

siiigh

no one here even counted on the 18% on top!

dayum! dayum!

#speechless

So now, instead of the $2 or $3 we used to tip for the delivery, the delivery person will get $0.89. IF the 18% actually goes to them. I for one am not in much of a mood to pay the service charge + an automatically added 18% gratuity + an additional cash tip.

Knowing NCL and the way they are so accommodating and giving for those with an issue, I find this very, very strange and certainly not their normal MO.

if it is a "test" then if they could not. the results would be inaccurate if to determine profits and whatever else they were testing...:confused:

that is the only thing i can think of for them to take that hard line.

also, its cruising under management. Sheehan is out. FDR is running things differently.

i have no inside information so im just ASSuming.:)

Absolutely, people need to wake up, this is either going to happen or it won't, crying about it on CC won't stop it, call NCL direct, call FDR or simply accept this new fee for what it is..... A minor fee that was introduced with little to no warning or an explanation, handled very poorly by NCL and even worse by the cry babies who are too lazy to walk and get a cup of coffee, the new menu with the fee will offer more than day old pastries and crappy drip coffee, well worth a few bucks.

*Living large one week at a time*

if it is a "test" then if they could not. the results would be inaccurate if to determine profits and whatever else they were testing...:confused:

that is the only thing i can think of for them to take that hard line.

also, its cruising under management. Sheehan is out. FDR is running things differently.

i have no inside information so im just ASSuming.:)

Even with a test, they could deduct the charge and not count it as far as the test.

I wonder if the higher ups have said that they really hope that the test goes well and some on the ships have taken it to the extreme and are saying no when customers want it taken off their account, to make the test look better.

I guess, as more come back, we will hear what happened to them as well, since we can't assume what has happened to this poster, happened to everyone that requested a refund on the charge.

I doubt many have called. When there was all the uproar over the 18 percent gratuity on the specialty restaurants, when I called NCL, they said they hadn't gotten any calls. I think it is easier for people to complain on here, instead of actually calling the company, which would have more impact.

They were inundated with outrage complaints about the room service because of the secret planning and sneak attack. Many of the posters still don't get it. NCL has broken a bond of "trust" with many loyal customers that is the commercial equivalent of infidelity.

I'm beginning to suspect this type of back room one way street loyalty planning, following NCL's November aquisition of Regent & Oceania, may have had something to do will Kevin Sheehan's surprise January resignation.

John

PS

I've already expressed my angst with the situation.

If anyone wants contact NCL Management here's

Elliott.org's Corporate Contacts List:

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL)

Norwegian Cruise Line Corporation Ltd. (Norwegian), a wholly owned subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., is an American company operating cruise line, headquartered in Miami, FL.

The company is best known for its Freestyle Cruising concept, which means that there are no set times or seating arrangements for meals, nor is formal attire required.

7665 Corporate Center Dr.

Miami, FL 33126

http://www.ncl.com

Phone Contacts

Main: (305) 436-4000

Customer Service: (866) 234-7350

Toll Free: (866) 234-7350

International: (305) 436-4000

Email Contacts:

Passenger Services: passengerservices@ncl.com

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

VEwart@ncl.com

Crane Gladding

Exec. V.P. Passenger Services

CGladding@ncl.com

Chief Operating Officer

Andy Stuart

President and COO NCL

AStuart@ncl.com

Chief Executive Officer

Frank J. Del Rio

President and Chief Executive Officer Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.

fdelrio@ncl.com

Edited by Uniall

According to the legible menu, the 18% gratuity is added to anything costing extra, such a bar drinks and the "special occasion" items. So cocktails are now deliverable, but at the cost of the drink, 18% tip AND the RS service fee. Same goes for soda, water, beer, wine, and the priced food items.

They were inundated with outrage complaints about the room service because of the secret planning and sneak attack. Many of the posters still don't get it. NCL has broken a bond of "trust" with many loyal customers that is the commercial equivalent of infidelity.

I'm beginning to suspect this type of back room one way street loyalty planning, following NCL's November aquisition of Regent & Oceania, may have had something to do will Kevin Sheehan's surprise January resignation.

I think you may be on to something. It's just my speculation is that Apollo may have promised the keys to FDR, and they basically forced Kevin out. Sad if true, as Kevin brought the brand and line back from the brink of disaster.

So sad. To try and start unfounded rumors.

Edited by NLH Arizona

You are just trying to start unfounded rumors, why???? Pretty sad if you ask me.

I say suspicion and you say speculation.

I can live with either term.

As for lacking merit, that's a matter of personal opinion for which I believe there are adequete facts for a reasonable person to suspect it might be true enough to warrant further investigation.

That's why in law enforcement we had stages:

suspicion, investigation, probable cause, accusation, trial, verdict.

John

PS

I've been meaning to ask you something.

I notice you hail from Arizona.

Are you connected in any way with NCL's Mesa, Arizona operations and offices?

Edited by Uniall

I say suspicion and you say speculation.

I can live with either term.

As for lacking merit, that's a matter of personal opinion for which I believe there are adequete facts for a reasonable person to suspect it might be true enough to warrant further investigation.

That's why in law enforcement we had stages:

suspicion, investigation, probable cause, accusation, trial, verdict.

John

PS

I've been meaning to ask you something.

I notice you hail from Arizona.

Are you connected in any way with NCL's Mesa, Arizona operations and offices?

No, I live in Surprise, Arizona and am retired from the music business.

Since you asked me a questions, I have one for you. What is your end game in this, are you trying to solicit clients or do you work for NCL's competition?

Edited by NLH Arizona

No, I live in Surprise, Arizona and am retired from the music business.

Since you asked me a questions, I have one for you. What is your end game in this, are you trying to solicit clients?

I'm a retired prosecutor married to my bride of 25 years who is a retired high school principal.

We are enjoying retirement to the fullest and spend 2 to 3 months a year cruising.

We are both believers in an old legal saying that the best Last Will and Testament is 10 words long:

"Being of sound mind and body we spent it all"

We are both believers in an old legal saying that the best Last Will and Testament is 10 words long:

I have something similar, but with no children mine is somewhat different...

"If I don't leave the planet in debt, I've done something wrong..." :cool:

I'm a retired prosecutor married to my bride of 25 years who is a retired high school principal.

We are enjoying retirement to the fullest and spend 2 to 3 months a year cruising.

Glad you are enjoying retirement. I've only been retired this time (first time, I got bored and went back to work for a few years after I moved here from Minnesota), for almost 5 years. In addition to a number of cruises a year, I take long road trips in July and August to get away from the hot Arizona summer and a number of trips to spend my money gambling LOL.

Just wonder, why don't you feel that someone can have a different opinion than yours. I try very hard not to tell someone that their opinion is wrong, just that it is different and everyone is entitled to their opinion. As I always say...let's just agree to disagree.

Glad you are enjoying retirement. I've only been retired this time (first time, I got bored and went back to work for a few years after I moved here from Minnesota), for almost 5 years. In addition to a number of cruises a year, I take long road trips in July and August to get away from the hot Arizona summer and a number of trips to spend my money gambling LOL.

Just wonder, why don't you feel that someone can have a different opinion than yours. I try very hard not to tell someone that their opinion is wrong, just that it is different and everyone is entitled to their opinion. As I always say...let's just agree to disagree.

I don't have a problem with anyone having a difference of opinion.

But, as one regular CC poster has in his signature line:

"You are entitled to your own personal opinion.

But, you are not entitled to your own facts."

Edited by Uniall

I don't have a problem with anyone having a difference of opinion.

But, as one regular CC poster has in his signature line:

"You are entitled to your personal opinion.

But, you are not entitled to your own facts."

But you keep saying that "people don't get it", which would mean they don't see it your way, when in fact some have said that they have no problem with the room service charge and some have said that they will gladly pay it because of the hot food on the new menu. They get it, it is just that they don't have an issue with it or see it the same way you do. I would think that their opinions are just as relevant as yours, but you don't seem to think so.

But you keep saying that "people don't get it", which would mean they don't see it your way, when in fact some have said that they have no problem with the room service charge and some have said that they will gladly pay it because of the hot food on the new menu. They get it, it is just that they don't have an issue with it or see it the same way you do. I would think that their opinions are just as relevant as yours, but you don't seem to think so.

When someone says the new room service charge doesn't affect them, or that they don't have an issue with it, or that they have no problem paying it does not mean they understand the issue and are voicing their opinion about it. What they are saying is they don't care about the issue. There is a big difference in regards to having an opinion regardless of what side you are on and just not caring about it. Uniall has posted that he stays in suites, so even though the new RS charge has no effect on him, his interest and thoughtful participation in the discussion shows that he does indeed understand the issue being discussed. The same cannot be said about everyone who has posted on the topic.

Rochelle