Question on Room Service

MMOMOM

In my email I get feeds on the cruise boards, reviews, articles, etc. So I basically get things from all the lines. I just read a few minutes ago someone who said as of 'today's sailing' on NCL, room service now has a charge of $7.95. This was supposedly with no warning at all ... they found out on the ship! We generally sail RCCI, as our preferred line, but have sailed NCL once, Carnival a couple of times and HAL once. We are now booked for the Allure in May and considering Celebrity maybe for next year. We always get a JS or whatever is comparable on another line, and one of our favorite things is getting coffee, juice and maybe some fruit in the morning from room service to enjoy on our balcony and while getting ready for the day before going to breakfast. There has always been 'no charge for room service' unless it's really late or something and we don't do that. Anyone hear anything about this? Wondering if NCL just began it, does it mean a trend for the other lines? It's not a deal breaker, but just wondering.

Did they happen to say if they ordered a pizza? Doesn't NCL offer pizza delivered anywhere on the ship for a fee? Seems unlikely they'd implement a charge for regular delivery. I would think that would definitely have an adverse affect on their business..............

A bold move by NCL and one that could anger those guests who are unaware of the new policy.

During the bulk of our cruises, we ignored room service. After all, how hard is it to find food on the ship? But recently, a room service treat on the balcony has become a bit of a tradition for us.

We use room service frequently. NCL has never been on our radar and this solidifies that. I budget a couple dollars tip for the delivery person, but would not be ok with a $7.95 charge. Royal's late night charge doesn't bother me because we don't use late night room service.