Wrigley80's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - March 8-14, 2015

wrigley80

For reasons that aren't important: I cannot eat mayonnaise.

I thought I had heard that they automatically put mayo on the bun before toasting it. Is this true?

Can you get your Guy's Burger without mayo on anything? If so, is that a special order?

I know you are detail oriented which is why I am asking you. :)

Thanks

I'm not sure about putting mayo on the bun but I'm sure if you ask for a Plain Jane burger with no mayo then you would be fine. But be sure to ask for it ahead of time before they start to make your burger. I hope this answers your question

So our Cozumel port day had arrived. I was so excited for today. We were going on the Cozumel Bar Hop. Now I had never done this before (everyone else in my friends group had done it once before so they knew what to expect).

Octavia, Peggy, and Laura got ready to go to breakfast. They wanted to go to the dining room for breakfast so that they had a full belly of food before we had a full day of drinking. I opted to go to the Lido area for breakfast. The line at Blue Iguana was very long so I just headed into the buffet to get a few things for breakfast.

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20282_zpswb1r87lv.jpg

Towel Animal Theater was up on Lido Deck this morning

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20283_zpspsio1kw3.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20284_zpsr5ewz9jh.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20286_zpssgscpig7.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20287_zpscumlt6ko.jpg

This towel animal looks how I felt after the Bar Hop :p

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20288_zpsxtrllp08.jpg

I headed down to the taste bar in the Ocean Plaza to get a few pastries. Every morning they had a continental breakfast set-up in the Ocean Plaza. So I got a few pastries and took them back to the cabin to eat on the balcony

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20289_zps3nrhk1tx.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20290_zpswdchevqy.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20291_zpsew2lyipq.jpg

Elevator Selfie :p

So once I got back to the cabin I realized that it was going to be a very busy day in Cozumel. There were 4 ships already docked including us and 2 more still coming in

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20292_zps2x5l2yoz.jpg

Oh look its a "Whatever of the Seas" ship

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20293_zpso4idhubd.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20294_zpsqpq8j3gi.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20295_zpsn0ytizku.jpg

My friends weren't back from breakfast yet so I headed back down to Lido to get some juice

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20297_zps0mqz7pua.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20298_zpsu0qgrjmi.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20299_zps6x81nrvp.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20300_zpslgwgbdbf.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20304_zpsdqq7cdsj.jpg

This was the first cruise that I had ever seen all the Towel Animals on display. It was very cool. I'm glad that I was out and about early enough to enjoy it

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20303_zpssdojp5zc.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20305_zpsuetiufnh.jpg

So I headed back to the cabin to see if they were back yet from breakfast....they were not so I headed back out onto the balcony to watch the ships come in and I got out there at the perfect time

10561591_10153156895626031_5917890276630805134_n_zpsmwrotwxv.jpg

The Carnival Freedom was preparing to pull in right beside us

11060324_10153156895756031_4311341243791315994_n_zpsxjv5sfru.jpg

It was so awesome watching this big ship come in right beside us

10418899_10153156896096031_8267241966338906307_n_zpsn3qogbc9.jpg

I spy a whale tail

17606_10153156895881031_1296866946726639949_n_zpsdss7rvsa.jpg

Bring on the pictures of the Bar Hop:) There are several people in our (other site) Roll Call that are doing it. We already had Nachi Cocom booked or we would have joined. Although, last time we went to Nachi there were lots of happy people on the cab ride back ;)

Brianna, I have read all your other reviews and thoroughly enjoyed them and since it's a rainy nasty day here in NJ, decided to log onto CC and popped into my head that I haven't read a review of yours in a while, so did a search and here you are! :pJust spent the past few hours reading this and you didn't disappoint me again! I echo other's thoughts and prayers for your dad's uneventful recovery and hope he is able to book another cruise in the not too distant future. I will look forward to the rest of your voyage. Thank you for sharing it with us. I envy you the strangers who have become friends you have met and I applaud your zest for life! CRUISE ON! (highjack: hey, Holly! I owe you an email! :o:o)

We would get along just great. The coconut BBD is also my favorite. Other than pineapple juice what is a good mixer?? I can't imagine why the guys wouldn't want any [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would gladly enjoy a mouthful of BBD...

As for mixing, my wife and I are Parrot Bay mixed with Coke fans. I imagine I could put the BBD instead of Parrot Bay? Both coconut flavored rum, right?

Now I have to plan on my January '17 Vista visit to Grand Cayman to get me some BBD!!!

As for mixing, my wife and I are Parrot Bay mixed with Coke fans. I imagine I could put the BBD instead of Parrot Bay? Both coconut flavored rum, right?

Now I have to plan on my January '17 Vista visit to Grand Cayman to get me some BBD!!!

You did not just say that! :eek: (First sentence)

Edited by Frank12

We would get along just great. The coconut BBD is also my favorite. Other than pineapple juice what is a good mixer?? I can't imagine why the guys wouldn't want any [emoji12]

The coconut BBD (and any other coconut rum) is surprisingly good in Dr Pepper.

We have some vanilla still laying around in our bar and are looking for good mixers for that one.

Bring on the pictures of the Bar Hop:) There are several people in our (other site) Roll Call that are doing it. We already had Nachi Cocom booked or we would have joined. Although, last time we went to Nachi there were lots of happy people on the cab ride back ;)

I'll get to the Bar Hop pictures tomorrow. I actually had to do some work this afternoon [emoji6] not a lot of work but I had to look somewhat productive. I have been to Cozumel 8 times on previous cruises and with the exception for swimming with Manatees at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel. The Bar Hop was the most fun that I've ever had in Cozumel.

Brianna, I have read all your other reviews and thoroughly enjoyed them and since it's a rainy nasty day here in NJ, decided to log onto CC and popped into my head that I haven't read a review of yours in a while, so did a search and here you are! :pJust spent the past few hours reading this and you didn't disappoint me again! I echo other's thoughts and prayers for your dad's uneventful recovery and hope he is able to book another cruise in the not too distant future. I will look forward to the rest of your voyage. Thank you for sharing it with us. I envy you the strangers who have become friends you have met and I applaud your zest for life! CRUISE ON! (highjack: hey, Holly! I owe you an email! :o:o)

Thank you so much. Happy to hear that I could keep you occupied. Thank you for the prayers for my dad. He has been feeling good the past couple weeks so hopefully it stays that way.

I have met some amazing friends on cruises who will be in my life forever. I am so blessed to have met some great people who I have the privilege of going to see in Louisiana, Florida, and Tennessee. I guess I was in the right place at the right time [emoji2]

By the way your profile name looks familiar......have we cruised together in the past??? [emoji2]

I love that first line....you caught my attention [emoji12] yeah I got coconut BBD so I will try out some different mixers.

Brianna, I knew i should have waited until you were finished with your review before starting to read it. Its like watching your favorite television show and they end every episode with a cliff hanger and you have to wait a week to see what happens next lol.

As always great review and cant wait to see more.

Question for you though, is it better to use Carnival's excursions or go through others instead? Also can you give me some ideas / tips for places to take my kiddos while we are in Fort Lauderdale pre cruise? Places that are fairly inexpensive and close to the Sheraton at Cypress Creek. We will be staying there for two days before the cruise. I wont have a rental car and am not driving so would need something that is within walking distance or that we could take a cab, Uber, etc without it costing an arm and a leg.

So our Cozumel port day had arrived. I was so excited for today. We were going on the Cozumel Bar Hop. Now I had never done this before (everyone else in my friends group had done it once before so they knew what to expect).

Octavia, Peggy, and Laura got ready to go to breakfast. They wanted to go to the dining room for breakfast so that they had a full belly of food before we had a full day of drinking. I opted to go to the Lido area for breakfast. The line at Blue Iguana was very long so I just headed into the buffet to get a few things for breakfast.

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20282_zpswb1r87lv.jpg

Towel Animal Theater was up on Lido Deck this morning

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20283_zpspsio1kw3.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20284_zpsr5ewz9jh.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20286_zpssgscpig7.jpg

Carnival%20Breeze%20-%20March%208%202015%20287_zpscumlt6ko.jpg

This towel animal looks how I felt after the Bar Hop :p

In all my carnival cruises, I've have yet to see this[emoji51]

Brianna - first - hugs to you and your dad. Guys is now open for dinner!! That's great. We were on the Breeze last summer and they closed at like 5 I think. Not that I really needed to eat more of them that I did :eek:

Thanks for the hint on the BBD rum. I'll have to get some this summer when we're on the Dream. As mixers with coconut rum - I like to put it in a tall glass (think LI iced tea) with cranberry or raspberry lime seltzer a splash of cranberry (just to make it pink) and lime. Delish and not too sweet so you can have more. Plus it saves on calories so you can have more guys burgers ;)

We always see towel animal theatre. My husband is obsessed with towel animals. He goes to the classes every cruise and has the book. He leaves the tv on the deck cam station 24/7 and when he wakes up he can see if they're there.

I have been on 24 cruises and I saw the "towel animal theatre" on lido deck for the first time while we were on the Dream, December 2014.

I must have made a dozen pictures. Loved it!!!

I am sure it is a lot of work for the employees, but it is so entertaining!

Thanks Carnival! :)

Thank you so much. Happy to hear that I could keep you occupied. Thank you for the prayers for my dad. He has been feeling good the past couple weeks so hopefully it stays that way.

I have met some amazing friends on cruises who will be in my life forever. I am so blessed to have met some great people who I have the privilege of going to see in Louisiana, Florida, and Tennessee. I guess I was in the right place at the right time [emoji2]

By the way your profile name looks familiar......have we cruised together in the past??? [emoji2]

Brianna, have never had the pleasure, but I have posted a lot to your threads and also Jamman and I are buddies and fellow NJ'ers, so I post to his threads a lot too. We were actually going to go on the Pride with him this week, but switched to next month because of Easter. You and I have been on the same ships tho, just not together! It was my DREAM to sail on both the Liberty and Breeze. Didn't think that would ever happen because we sail from Manhattan (and a quick trip south to Baltimore next month) but we had the chance to do a B2B on Liberty this past winter, so I am hoping we will get lucky and be able to book the Breeze someday too! ;) Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to sail out of NO and do a pre cruise trip there. We have only sailed out of there once, flew in the day before and I was so sick that I couldn't enjoy it. Plus it was YEARS ago. Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures! And two thumbs up to your dad!

I have been on 24 cruises and I saw the "towel animal theatre" on lido deck for the first time while we were on the Dream, December 2014.

I have seen pictures of the Lido zoo but never experienced it until our Liberty cruise in January. What GREAT FUN to walk out in the morning with a cuppa and see all those cuties hogging the chairs! :eek:

Great review as always!! Can't wait to hear about the bar hop stops! We just were in Cozumel on the Dream and went to Punta Morena and explored the East side of the island. It was paradise!! I think Punta Morena is a bar hop stop too correct? We had never been to the East side of Cozumel and now know what we were missing out on!!

By the way your profile name looks familiar......have we cruised together in the past???

Don't know why when I reply to multiple quotes my lst reply is sucked into the post I am quoting! :eek::confused::eek::confused: Here is my response, Brianna!!!

Brianna, have never had the pleasure, but I have posted a lot to your threads and also Jamman and I are buddies and fellow NJ'ers, so I post to his threads a lot too. We were actually going to go on the Pride with him this week, but switched to next month because of Easter. You and I have been on the same ships tho, just not together! It was my DREAM to sail on both the Liberty and Breeze. Didn't think that would ever happen because we sail from Manhattan (and a quick trip south to Baltimore next month) but we had the chance to do a B2B on Liberty this past winter, so I am hoping we will get lucky and be able to book the Breeze someday too! Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to sail out of NO and do a pre cruise trip there. We have only sailed out of there once, flew in the day before and I was so sick that I couldn't enjoy it. Plus it was YEARS ago. Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures! And two thumbs up to your dad!

Brianna, I knew i should have waited until you were finished with your review before starting to read it. Its like watching your favorite television show and they end every episode with a cliff hanger and you have to wait a week to see what happens next lol.

As always great review and cant wait to see more.

Question for you though, is it better to use Carnival's excursions or go through others instead? Also can you give me some ideas / tips for places to take my kiddos while we are in Fort Lauderdale pre cruise? Places that are fairly inexpensive and close to the Sheraton at Cypress Creek. We will be staying there for two days before the cruise. I wont have a rental car and am not driving so would need something that is within walking distance or that we could take a cab, Uber, etc without it costing an arm and a leg.

That is my intention....I leave you wanting more so then I know you will come back again ;) except I don't make you wait a whole week for the next installment.

I am not sure of the area where you are staying in Fort Lauderdale. For cruises out Miami or Fort Lauderdale we would typically stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami or in Dania Beach. Make a port in the Florida Departures section on these forum boards and I'm sure you will get some answers of what to see and do in that area of Fort Lauderdale

There is still hope for you Nick. It was my first time seeing it too. Someone said that they usually do it the last port day so be on the look out for it next time

Oh when were you on the Dream in December (I was on the Dream on December 7-14). You're right I am sure that it is a lot of work but I know that the guests enjoy it. I was so surprised that morning. I walked all around and looked at the different ones.....especially the big ones :)