Laundry Service

whoah

I take a cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels and fill it with tide pods, then put it in a ziplock with dryer sheets and the shout color catcher sheets so we can mix colors. Hubs has the timing down to a science. Put in a load, go for morning walk, put load in dryer, shower and eat breakfast, get clothes out of dryer and fold. I'm on vacation so I don't do laundry.

The last time i did laundry the machines only too need quarters. Does anyone know if that is still true, or do they have change machines. It a pain to get quarters.

Not sure of all of the fleet, but the Royal and Regal take tokens that you obtain in the laundry room, using your cabin card. No quarters required.

Did a load on a port day around 10am and had the room to myself. Both the washer & dryer cycles were around 45 minutes each. Was able to go up on deck for a drink and have lunch between cycles so it worked out well.

Thank You for such specific information. I can now leave some disposables home, and just bring something that I can wash daily-bringing a kitchen timer with me to set before toddling away to further explore the ship, while still being aware of the time. And I do know to get back before the cycle finishes to switch from washing machine to dryer. I will add laundry usage costs to my budget-still over a year out, so much less than $1 a week to find-a good special in the supermarket will easily do that for me! I covered taxi fares out to a shopping centre, my purchases and still saved more than the taxi fares just on the specials! It was my week for good specials, and I grabbed them. The savings are now in the Cruise piggybank!

Crochecruise :cool:

We usually do a load once we embark and another close to the end of the trip as we plan on pre and post cruise adventures. We use Purex laundry and Shout no-run sheets.

On the Diamond in February the wash and dryer were $3 each. No extra dryer time was needed. The machine was electronic, used the room key for payment, and issued tokens for each machine. I take hangars from the cabin closet so can immediately hang clothes.

I meet lovely folks in the laundry room. Just watch your time to return....

A very good piece of advice. :D:D

Hubs has the timing down to a science. Put in a load, go for morning walk, put load in dryer, shower and eat breakfast, get clothes out of dryer and fold. I'm on vacation so I don't do laundry.

I think you should keep him. :D